12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

A few people make those threats, not many of the one and a half billion.

You would have to know the amount of muslims ive spoken to or come into contact with to say that and be accurate.

Do you?

And as im speakng to everyday muslims who outwardly dont appear to have any specific agenda, the discrimination i suffer is by an overwhelming percentage of them which leads me to believe they are representative of their religion. I would be lying to myself if i tried to deny the facts as i see them.

I don't think anyone would try and justify shoplifting as a religious war.

But that statement does not hold much water because shoplifting is to some degree seen as a victimless crime and shoplifters very often do not custodial sentences unless they are prolific at it.

So unless Muslims are prolific shoplifters (which would suggest that there's another reason to warrant a ban on head gear in shops) they would not be making up such a high percentage of the prison population.

If its because they are in because they are disproportionately being involved in more serious criminal activities then there is a point needing to be addressed and although the jihadist argument I find as comical as the rest of you, it still would suggest that its down to attitude and we should be looking at what these reasons are.

If it was just down to poverty then surely there is still a higher percentage of everyone else in poverty to have kept a balance of the prison population if it attitude was not a factor?

Maybe its some sort of rebellion against their religion ? Against the parents ? Against British society ?

Is it the establishment singling them out ? the clamber out of poverty ? or the type of criminal activities ?

Maybe religion to be such a big thing in your life means that to some degree you don't have to have as much responsibility and you rely on religious upbringing rather than teaching rights and wrong in the home ?

I defiantly think that the hold over this generation of Muslims in the West is not as strong as it is in their mother countries and a lot of them go to Mosque a lot to please the parents and the community rather than because of a deep yearning to do so from in themselves. Certainly an increasing number of Muslims are out partying, drinking and involved in drugs same as everyone else, white black or other.

Fast cars, women and fashion playing more of a role in their lifes and this is probably seen as going against the grain to some of the older generation and could be causing conflict between young and old and playing part in the rebelious nature the youths.

We know that the Westernisation of Muslims does not go down well and both here and abroad and seen as erosion of Islam, making extremists wanting to address the meddling by the west of their way of life and further spead the teaching of Islam as a way to counter act it.

Of course all this is just my speculation and Im not claiming any of it is right, but thinking about it is a far more productive use of my time and who knows If I swing the hammer enough I may hit a nail :hihi:

Maybe its some sort of rebellion against their religion ? Against the parents ? Against British society ?

That's a good point that has so far been overlooked.

Young Muslims generally come from a devout, disciplined background where their parents/grandparents sought to ingratiate themselves with their adopted country, the kids grow up asking why.

Exactly the same with 2nd generation West Indian immigrants, the black kids of the 70's wanted to challenge authority, both at home and in the wider community, most have grown out of it now and hopefully the Asian youth will follow.

That's a good point that has so far been overlooked.

Young Muslims generally come from a devout, disciplined background where their parents/grandparents sought to ingratiate themselves with their adopted country, the kids grow up asking why.

Exactly the same with 2nd generation West Indian immigrants, the black kids of the 70's wanted to challenge authority, both at home and in the wider community, most have grown out of it now and hopefully the Asian youth will follow.

I hope that is true.

We can only hope for the best.

It hapenned with us Irish did it not

I hope that is true.

We can only hope for the best.

It hapenned with us Irish did it not

I do think it's true artisan, if you remember the Muslims from the 70's they were quiet folk, their kids are caught between two stools and of course have the worst aspects of Western lifestyle to emulate.

Over time and with integration the differences will disappear, I'm not saying Muslims will stop offending, after all the main reasons for it will still be there, but the cultural ones will not be prevalent.

..do you think they'll be patted on the back and let off when they're apprehended Bassman or are you suggesting only Muslims murder people in jealous rage? Raoal Moat must have been a recent convert.
Moat was a nutcase, the scum I'm refering to were acting out the barbarism of their culture.

Archived