12% of inmates in UK jails are Muslim, but they are only 1.5% of population

I do think it's true artisan, if you remember the Muslims from the 70's they were quiet folk, their kids are caught between two stools and of course have the worst aspects of Western lifestyle to emulate.

Over time and with integration the differences will disappear, I'm not saying Muslims will stop offending, after all the main reasons for it will still be there, but the cultural ones will not be prevalent.

Sometimes you make sense but you also regularly make excuses.

I grew up in Sheffield immediately after WWII in the old terraced house environment, zinc bath and outside shared toilet (remember the one you told lies about).

I queued at the Canal Wharf with my mother in the winter of 1947 for a bag of low grade coal/skack (Our local coal was too good for domestic use).

It was also the days of 11+, no secondary modern as such, our education if you failed the 11+ was basic.

I like many others consider we made good and didn't hang around bleating about how tough life was that is something that we can now reflect on when some people choose to use it as an excuse for bad behavour.

I'm not a racist I'd just like to have been asked if I wanted so many immigrants coming into this country as I've yet to meet a single person who was asked.

..and you keep incessantly claiming I'm making excuses for criminal behaviour, I'm not.

I grew up in Sheffield immediately after WWII in the old terraced house environment, zinc bath and outside shared toilet (remember the one you told lies about).

No I dont remember, but why is it relevant?

My early years were spent on Skinnerthorpe Road, no indoor toilet and bath in front of the fire too, I didn't become a criminal either, but our individual circumstances don't dispute the reasons I've offered for criminality.

The fact is the working classes were disproportionally over represented in the prison population in your day, as much as they are today.

I like many others consider we made good and didn't hang around bleating about how tough life was that is something that we can now reflect on when some people choose to use it as an excuse for bad behavour.

Who's bleating? The thread is seeking reasons why 12% of the prison population is Muslim, that's what I'm doing, not bleating or offering excuses.

I'm not a racist I'd just like to have been asked if I wanted so many immigrants coming into this country as I've yet to meet a single person who was asked.

..and what would you have said if asked? What would your children be saying to you now if the positive influences immigrants had/have on this country hadn't taken place?

re bold: I would hazard a guess that it was even more so?

I'll see if I can find the figures auto, but you're guess is probably right, given it was before the development of the welfare state and comprehensive education.

..so why don't they all act like that? Dont you believe there are Muslim nutcases?
Especialy women who voluntarily convert to Islam, in another situation they'd be classed as 'Self Harmers'.

I can just imagine it:- Muslim female convert goes on holiday to Somalia and gets stoned for wearing a Bra followed by her her husband getting shot for watching football.:hihi:

boyfriday i think bassman is right on this.. sorry mate

That's fine dragonchaser, it's only an exchange of opinions :) Which aspects do you think he's right about, he's said a lot on a lot of different subjects!

I queued at the Canal Wharf with my mother in the winter of 1947 for a bag of low grade coal/skack (Our local coal was too good for domestic use).

It was also the days of 11+, no secondary modern as such, our education if you failed the 11+ was basic.

Can SF mods arrange some violin music to go with the quoted post please. Bleating about immigrants because one didn't have a bathroom is a new excuse and one I haven't come across before.:hihi:

Have you ever thought that it might be you? .

I did think that at first but soon realised it isnt me with the issues. Let me ask you, have i ever been anything other than respectful in my time posting here?

I did think that at first but soon realised it isnt me with the issues. Let me ask you, have i ever been anything other than respectful in my time posting here?
No, I have seen the mask slip a couple of times and lucky for you my friend the posts were removed by the Mods, so no evidence, not that it hasn't happened.:roll: You are anti Muslim as the worst of'em.

Can SF mods arrange some violin music to go with the quoted post please. Bleating about immigrants because one didn't have a bathroom is a new excuse and one I haven't come across before.:hihi:

Trust me, Kabacha, the idiot element have actually used that one before. (something along the lines of them saying "My grandma didn't have an indoor loo and a bathroom in her terraced house in the 1970's and it was all the fault of those dirty immigrants!")

Sadly that thread, too, descended into racist bile and vitriol IIRC (As most of these threads do, despite repeated mod-warnings about the ban-stick getting waved at the guilty parties) and IIRC it was cloesed/ deleted because of it.

Archived