Time to scrap the minimum wage

A race to the bottom, brilliant.

No, the minimum wage is fit for purpose, let the low paid jobs move overseas, the minimum wage didn't cause unemployment, which means that those jobs were replaced with higher paid ones.

As unemployment is on the rise I don't quite see your logic.....surely it means that the low paid jobs haven't been replaced by anything..?

I don't accept your argument because how many people are genuinely struggling to pay for genuine essentials? Go into any house in a supposedly poor area and you're certain to find the occupant owns luxuries such as a plasma TV, Sky, laptops, ipods, the latest mobile phone and they can always find the money for beer, fags and often drugs as well.

Take away all the luxuries and a single person could live comfortably on, say £160 a week (based on working 40 hours for £4 an hour). Unfortunately the £4 an hour job he needs is based in Mumbai and will stay there unless companies are free to offer the market rate for their workers in the UK.

Every post you put on this forum is a load of rubbish! You just put things on here to get a reaction!

If you think that every poor house in the country can afford plasma TV's & lap tops then you are mistaken & you need to visit more houses.

As for somking & drinking, they are both very powerful drugs & people get addicted. It's a working class thing. Working class people have visited pubs for 100's of years to drink & smoke, it's only in the last 20/30 years that the government have decided to raise taxes on these products & price the poor people out of the market! Just like any other drug, they are always top of an addicts shopping list, rich or poor!

I don't accept your argument because how many people are genuinely struggling to pay for genuine essentials? Go into any house in a supposedly poor area and you're certain to find the occupant owns luxuries such as a plasma TV, Sky, laptops, ipods, the latest mobile phone and they can always find the money for beer, fags and often drugs as well.

Take away all the luxuries and a single person could live comfortably on, say £160 a week (based on working 40 hours for £4 an hour). Unfortunately the £4 an hour job he needs is based in Mumbai and will stay there unless companies are free to offer the market rate for their workers in the UK.

your having a laugh... that wouldnt even cover the mortgage.....

I therefore dont accept your argument...:roll:

Explain why just about every major company that owns call centres has moved theirs abroad since NuLabour came to power then?

The Rac lost 3 memberships in our house alone due to the joke of Indian call centres and don’t even think of calling a Indian call centre for help with your PC, here are a few more for you.

Indian call centers are in the news again, and yet again it’s for the wrong reasons. Faced by increasing customer complaints on quality of call handling in Indian call centers, a number of large British firms are shifting their call centers back to the UK

A HIGH Street bank is to shut down its call centres in India and bring 1,000 jobs back to Britain.

Abbey's retreat from India was prompted by complaints from customers.

As unemployment is on the rise I don't quite see your logic.....surely it means that the low paid jobs haven't been replaced by anything..?

Given that the minimum wage was introduced 13 years ago and not just recently I'd suggest that any recent change in unemployment can't be attributed to the minimum wage.

Archived