What to do in Sheffield?

Jimmy78

Hi everyone!,

Im from Spain, but my gf parents live there and she wants to visit them this summer. How about is going out there? :help: Things to do?

Thank you in advance!, I have been before in England, but only in London :roll:

Buenas noches y bienvenido. Que quiere hacer tu novia, porque hay muchas cosas que hacer aqui en Sheffield. Prefiere la ciudad o la campana? Sheffield es una ciudad muy grande con mucho divertimiento de gran variedad. Puede hacer todo lo que quiere.

Hola!, muchas gracias por responder tan rapido. Hablas bien español, sueles venir por aqui?. No entendi lo de campana; ella es de ciudad a mi me gusta la variedad y la verdad que conozco muy poco de alli, estoy buscando informacion pero pense que alguien de Sheffield sabria indicarme mejor que nadie :), mi unico contacto con Inglaterra fue hace unos años que fui a Londres.

Que se suele hacer por alli?, por ejemplo un fin de semana?

Muchas gracias, thank you! ^^

I don't speak Spanish (apart from Hola, Gracias and Cerveza por favor - all you need to survive a weekend so I am told) but I do know about an event in Sheffield that might be of interest

The SADATA One Act Play Festival .

Contenders will perform a play of their choice consisting of just one act between 20 and 40 minutes in duration and have their performances judged for technical and artistic merit by an independent adjudicator.

Prizes will be awarded for Acting, Production, Presentation and Enterprise, Originality and Achievements and prizes for the best in each of these and other categories will be presented by the Lord Mayor of Sheffield at a closing ceremony on the final night.

The programme in full is as follows:

Thursday 24th June-

Slot 1: Gosforth Youth Theatre, "The Argos Catalogue" by Rod Duncan

Slot 2: 53 Theatre Group, "The Game" by Louise Bryant

Slot 3: Dronfield Players, "Can You Hear The Music?" by David Campton

Friday 25th June-

Slot 1: Old GYTs, "One was Nude, The Other Wore Tails" by Dario Fo

Slot 2: Ecclesall Theatre Company, "Fumed Oak" by Noel Coward

Slot 3: Strolling Players, "Blood Pressure" by John Harrold

Saturday-

Slot 1: Tudor Players, "Swan Song" by Vanessa Brooks

Slot 2: Buxton Young Farmers, "Close Relations" By Peter Slack

Slot 3: Awards Presentations

Tickets £7.00 (£6.00 Conc) and are available by calling 0114 2368378 / 07719 847 113

Discounts available for multiple ticket purchases

Pop along if you fancy a night out with a difference

hola allí puede ir a la calle del devision en el sheffield su lleno de barras y clubes empacó con personas y calle también occidental también lleno de barras y clubes si que no su escena que usted quizás quiera ir al cinimas cerca de meadowhall para mirar una película en español quizás lol la mirada buena

Thank you very much, that is a lot of information ^^. I know sometimes the most known places to go in a city are not always the best, at least where I live.

(As a gift for helping me out, if any of you come anytime to Malaga. Go to the top of Mijas Pueblo and enjoy the views from all the costa and Sierra Nevada...those are the most beautiful views I have ever seen. :) )

Thank you all! .

Hi Jimmy!

In my opinion, one of the best things of Sheffield is Peak District. Nice walks, lovely villages and stunning scenario. Burbage Valley and Stanage are close to Sheffield and are nice walks. Bit further, Robin Hood's Stride is a cool place to spend a day.

In Sheffield city, West Street is full of night life, and Meadowhall is one of the biggest Malls I have ever seen.

Hope it helps

Bye!

Sat in a museum is the most powerful working steam engine in the world, it is still operational and was constructed over 100 years ago. Capable of making the next generation of refuelling machines for nuclear reactors, reactor shields and steel plate for oil rigs amongst other things it operates for show purpose only. In the same building is, what was, the heaviest bomb ever constructed in the world, constructed over 60 years ago.

I suggest you visit and see some of Sheffield's heritage that made us a great city which advanced humankind around the world and one which helped win WW2.

60-100 years from now we won't have anything comparable from today to the likes of above, at least not in Sheffield :(

Archived