What to do in Sheffield?

Jimmy78

I don't come from Sheffield either and I'm always looking for things to do when my relatives come to visit some places we've been to recently are for a walk from Endcliffe Park to Forge Dam at Crookes, to Sherwood Forest to see the Major Oak where Robin Hood was meant to hide out, Rivelin Valley (the cake in the cafe is alone worth the trip!), to the Comedy night at the City Hall (I think it's on a Friday night but if you look at their website you'll see), Wentworth and Cannon Hall/Cannon Hall Farm near Cawthorne in Barnsley, though my activties probably differ a bit because I've got a 2 year old to entertain. Chatsworth House near Matlock/Bakewell is well worth a look, if you Google it they have a website and they have various events on throughout the year- sometimes they do traditional British afternoon tea which was a hit with my mum. There are a lot of country houses and nice pubs in North Derbyshire which aren't too far from Sheffield.

Archived