Motorbikes strain on the nhs

So he's now a drain on the IoM health system that he doesn't even pay into? (But I do hope that he's ok)

I think it is all factored into the IoM economy during TT week. Just a few bruises and a bust up bike. So thanks he's fine. The Iom will have got its money's worth out of the booze bill.

So now I have to trail over to Liverpool in a Land Rover to collect the fallen angels and their chariot.

I've been riding bikes for years, everything from two strokes to choppers to Harley Fat Boys.

In my case the one time I was knocked from my bike was due to a lady in a SUV busily chatting on her cell phone instead of keeper her atttention on her driving

She very graciously paid for the minor medical attention I needed and also for the damage to the bike

they did a survey in the independant that 8 out of ten motorcyclists have been involved in an accident during there riding career resulting in hospital treatment put that in youre pipe and smoke it!!
Got any figures to show exactly how many and what they are costing ? maybe some comparrisons with other induries/ailments ?

I am guessing that the percentages won't add up to make anyone give 2 monkeys about it.

motorbikes should be taxed 1000 pounds a year as they are a strain on the nhs just like smoking is taxed for this and alcohol etc

Who were you in your previous user name and why did you get banned?

Your post is stupid and obviously a wind up. Why should motorcyclists be taxed £1000 ? How did you arrive at this figure and please provide your maths. :loopy::huh:

motorbikes should be taxed 1000 pounds a year as they are a strain on the nhs just like smoking is taxed for this and alcohol etc

Get back in your tin you pilchard. :hihi:

Junctions

Right of way violations accounted for about 38% of motorcycle accidents in the In-depth study. They were usually the fault of the other road user, who was usually a driver. Most occurred at T-junctions, although they also happened at crossroads and roundabouts. About two-thirds of these types of crashes, where the rider was not to blame, the driver failed to see a rider who was in clear view (and was often seen by other road users). In about 12% of these cases, the driver failed to see the motorcyclist even though s/he was wearing high visibility garments or using daytime running lights.

This concurs with earlier research. The Booth report17, published in 1989, assessed nearly 10,000 motorcycle accidents in the Metropolitan Police area. It concluded that nearly two-thirds (62%) were primarily caused by the other road user. Half of the accidents were caused by car drivers, and 10% by pedestrians. The report found that two-thirds of motorcycle accidents where the driver was at fault were due to the driver failing to anticipate the action of the motorcyclist.

http://www.ukwheels.com/accidents.asp

As a driver for the N.H.S. and drive well in excess of 50000 miles a year, let me put this to you.

Theres good motorcyclists and theres bad motorcyclists, theres good car drivers and theres bad car drivers, but at the end of the day no-ones perfect.

Archived