Israeli aid flotilla to sail to Turkey

Is that a cat among the pigeons?

Ideas for ‘reverse flotillas’ gain steam

Although most of the recent talk regarding flotillas has revolved around ships sailing toward Gaza, at least two plans have emerged for “reverse flotillas” – from Israel toward Turkey – to highlight what organizers have labeled the Turks’ “shameless hypocrisy” in their criticisms of the Jewish state.

The most ambitious of the two plans has been devised by members of Israel’s National Student Union, who this week announced their intention to set sail toward Turkey, in an effort to bring humanitarian aid to the “oppressed people of Turkish Kurdistan” and to members of the “Turkish Armenian minority.”

Student Union chairman Boaz Torporovsky, who has been leading the reverse flotilla charge, told The Jerusalem Post on Monday, “Hundreds of people have volunteered for the flotilla, and many more are contacting us all the time for ways they can help.

“Our plan is to deliver much-needed humanitarian assistance to the Kurds of Turkey, who by the way outnumber Israelis and Palestinians combined,” he said.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177789

Is that a cat among the pigeons?

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177789

What a good idea! I think the Israelis should such flotillas to all corners of the world wherever there is oppression of innocent people, including the Palestinians in Jordan, Syria, and various other Palestinian refugee colonies, maybe even aid to Afghanistan and Iraq when they've finished there. The Turks should in turn welcome the aid and with open arms and ask for some more.:hihi:

I think its a good Idea, even if its a stunt.

What kind of aid will they be taking ?

The second phase of the National Student Union members’ flotilla plan would be the more ambitious journey to Turkey, though Torporovsky admitted they were hard-pressed when it came to funding it.

How are the Kurds fixed for fresh air ? :D

Why not if it is for a humanitarian cause ,it is more than welcome but I doubt these are the intentions of the Israelis .These kind of aids to supressed people should also be going to GAZA from Israeli ports :) it is more needed over there

a very ambitious undertaking, as I would have thought that there's no way any boat can reach any part of Kurdistan - it's landlocked.

You can always reach kurdistan by land or air.There shouldnt be any problems, unlike GAZA where land, air and sea is controlled by Israelis

Archived