Fitting a catflap in an external door?

Hi

What sort of tradesman can do this?

I once, ages ago, got a joiner from this forum who fitted it for me but he made a right bleeding mess. My friend now wants one and I dont want to recommend him. Can you recommend someone? Or tell me what sort of tradesman to look for in the yellow pages for her.

Thanks

We got the people we bought the door from, had to pay, but was cheaper than having to buy a new door if we messed up.

Any fairly competent jouner should be able to do this. If it's a UPVC one it may be a bit trickier but not much. Don't worry about foxes or other cats getting in as you can get a catflap that comes with a transponder that you fit on your cats collar. This just lets your cat in and stays locked for any other curious animals :)

Any fairly competent jouner should be able to do this. If it's a UPVC one it may be a bit trickier but not much. Don't worry about foxes or other cats getting in as you can get a catflap that comes with a transponder that you fit on your cats collar. This just lets your cat in and stays locked for any other curious animals :)

Until your caat loses the collar.............

Until your caat loses the collar.............

My cat flap and a magnetic strip and had magnets to put on the collars, but the resistance was really strong and my younger cat really struggled to get through it. Also with losing collars every 2 minutes we took the magnetic strip off the catflap and we never got any stray cats or foxes in. Its something to do with your own cats scent being all over the catflap so it stops others coming in.

Archived