Fitting a catflap in an external door?

My cat flap and a magnetic strip and had magnets to put on the collars, but the resistance was really strong and my younger cat really struggled to get through it. Also with losing collars every 2 minutes we took the magnetic strip off the catflap and we never got any stray cats or foxes in. Its something to do with your own cats scent being all over the catflap so it stops others coming in.

A neighbours cat comes in through the cat flap in our back door then sits by the front door crying to be let out. It's an ugly old tom and I think my young cats are scared of him becasue they usually hide under the kitchen table.

PetPorte cat flaps are great because they work on your cats microchip rather than relying on a collar attachment. So the pesky foxes would have to assassinate your cat to get in.

Anyway we fitted our own, it wasn't hard at all really but our door is a bit rubbish anyway so we didn't mind risking it!

Archived