Has anyone got/had or know someone with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

sounds to me like you have Fibromyalgia, check your symptoms on the internet, for what has been suggested here, then visit the doc's and ask him his opinion, it took me 2 years to get a diagnosis, but that was 15 years ago, and things are a lot better now. Let us know how you go on.

sounds to me like you have Fibromyalgia, check your symptoms on the internet, for what has been suggested here, then visit the doc's and ask him his opinion, it took me 2 years to get a diagnosis, but that was 15 years ago, and things are a lot better now. Let us know how you go on.

Thanks for your message, I would honestly say it's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on the basis that after researching both it points more to Chronic Fatigue, I don't got lots of pain like in people with Fibromyalgia, I do get some aches and some headaches and sore throat and stuff but my main problem is quite severe fatigue and i also have short term memory problems (i was once very concerned about my memory problems as i felt like i was going mad and could be developing something like dementia but that's very uncommon in someone who is 27 so Chronic Fatigue would make sense with the tiredness and memory problems.)

I hope the doctors make a quick diagnosis either way and i hope i won't have to wait a year or two to find out.

Many of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, and CFS are scarily similar, Aries22. And as you have, no doubt experienced, can be just as debilitating as each other... :(

I've been suffering for 6 years but i gave up on doctors a long time ago, All they do is give you pills and that's it, 6 years ago i started having panic attacks but my energy suddenly vanished and it's never come back and i've not felt the same since, I was given anti-depressants but after seeing a few doctors i never got anywhere and never received an explanation as to why i felt tired all the time.

I haven't bothered with the doctors much since then, I did go to see a doctor last may complaining about my fatigue and he did do blood tests but as they were fine he blamed it on anxiety or depression and he even made me fill out a depression questionnaire which showed i wasn't depressed but he upped the dose of my pills and that was it so i was fobbed off again that is why i dislike doctors and find them unsympathetic, They just seem to fob you off that's why i hold very little hope of me getting a proper diagnosis and also people like my parents and some friends just accuse me of being a bum and being lazy and i'm not, well i am lazy but there's a reason why it's not me just laying around and wanting to be like this.

I have been refered to a group for my fatigue. No matter how much I sleep I still wake feeling like I have never slept. And I get exhausted really quick to I can get up and dressed and then go back to bed because I am tired.

I am waiting to start going to this group for people with fatigue problems.

Mine is caused through my disibility as it causes my muscles and periphial nerves to waist. Because my muscle waist and don't work the ones that are still ok are working harder and trying to compensate for those lacking. Hence the tiredness, it is a pain and I sympathise with you.

I am also on anti depressants this is because I suffer from Pts. x

My aunt and gran have this , there is a lot of information on the net

Can I ask if you are male or female? One particular contraceptive pill made me like this. Did not realise it was this at first, until I looked at how long I had felt like this...and it was exactly to the time I started taking this pill. The minute I stopped taking it...I was absolutely fine.

Can I ask if you are male or female? One particular contraceptive pill made me like this. Did not realise it was this at first, until I looked at how long I had felt like this...and it was exactly to the time I started taking this pill. The minute I stopped taking it...I was absolutely fine.

I am a guy so can't be that :D wish it was something simple like a pill causing my problem.

Please refrain from giving out diagnoses online. The OP doesn't have any associated pain, and on that basis alone, it's almost certainly not FM (well, aches and pains could be a marker). CFS and FM may be similiar, but it certainly doesn't do any good to put rogue thoughts into anyone's head!*

I know you're only trying to be helpful, but it's certainly not wise to be offering a diagnosis because it sounds similar to something you had...

*On the other hand, it's good to explore all avenues!

Please refrain from giving out diagnoses online. The OP doesn't have any associated pain, and on that basis alone, it's almost certainly not FM (well, aches and pains could be a marker). CFS and FM may be similiar, but it certainly doesn't do any good to put rogue thoughts into anyone's head!*

I know you're only trying to be helpful, but it's certainly not wise to be offering a diagnosis because it sounds similar to something you had...

*On the other hand, it's good to explore all avenues!

I was not giving a diagnosis on line, but naming things that it could be, then they can look on line to see if the symtoms fit themselves. Having to wait two years to get a proper diagnosis and help with medicine, l was just trying to help him, so that he did not have to wait 2 years. Other's mentioned CF and ME l suspect that its people like you that he feels he is banging his head against a brick wall.

Archived