Looking for james scott from Wybourn.

chellie

hi litha my uncle was called norman roberts he lived on maltravers and has a son ian and a daughter joanne. i think from your post that all the family is tarred with the same brush, norman was and is quite a tough bloke but not a trouble maker or anything. hell be in is 60s now, he had asister called shirley and one called joy is mom alice was my grandads sister who were called brand. they all came off attercliffe many years ago and are now spread far and wide.

Hiya Brooksy

im not originally off wybourn moved there when i met me hubby so i dont really know them but yeah like ya say seems folks get tarred n the name spreads, ill ask me in laws cos they are off wybourn all their life they were Race & Mason off maltravers and saunders :)

Litha

• 6 months later...

Hi Kirky/Litha

I used to live on Saunders Rd at number 54 but that was some time ago. We move to Hyde Park around 1964/65 before moving to Australia in 68.

I can remember the Neighbours well on one side it was the Taylor’s and the other side was the Butler’s.

Here's one for the real Oldies !

Does anyone remember an Eva Lily Hodges who lived on South Road in 1941-1942 ? She would then be 17 , 18 or 19 at that time.She was a buffer girl . I think it was South Road , number 80, 82 or 84 ? It's the road that has a primary catholic school on it and the back gardens of those houses , mentioned, face onto Manor Castle.

I know it's a , "long shot " but I would really appreciate it if someone can give me any info. !

Originally posted by bazmanau

Hi Kirky/Litha

I used to live on Saunders Rd at number 54 but that was some time ago. We move to Hyde Park around 1964/65 before moving to Australia in 68.

I can remember the Neighbours well on one side it was the Taylor’s and the other side was the Butler’s.

hiya bazmanau

we moved off saunders road to go to halfway, LOL nearly as nice as moving to australia tho. :|

we had some butlers up the road from us :suspect:

To Chloe

Yes , thanks for correction. I haven't got a map with me but I knew there was a , "South" in it somewhere !

Still waiting for you REAL oldies ! I did check the address in Kelly's in the library when I was last in Sheffield but there was a different name shown at the address. However , I do know from another official document that an Eva Lily Hodges did live at 80,82 or 84 in 1941-2. Or at least , that was the address she gave ! Also , I've heard , "unofficially " , as it were , that she definitely lived on the Wybourn at that time and later on , too.

Archived