ENGLAND FLAGS are we allowed to fly them on our cars?

is it right that the police have the right to pull you over if your flying the england flag?,and make you take it off?..but why?..and we cant go into any bar with a england shirt on as its not allowed in pubs..are these rumours or can anyone put the facts right instead of myths..

Okay, the pub one first. Many pubs, for years now, have barred access to anyone wearing a football shirt; or, indeed, any sportswear of any kind. That includes the England shirt, and those pubs will not allow you in if you're wearing an England shirt.

There is no evidence of any pub, anywhere in the country, which has banned specifically England shirts but no others. The many other pubs (the majority, in fact) which always have allowed football shirts, still do allow football shirts including the England one.

As to the car thing; if the police get involved at all, it won't be because the thing you are flying is an England flag, but because it is a hazard to traffic. I doubt, for example, that you can fly an eight-feet-wide flag from your car aerial without them stopping you and making you take it off.

Urban myths! Just look around you ...there are so many cars driving round at the moment with flags flapping about and you think maybe the police haven't spotted them yet? I even saw a pushbike with an England flag on the handlebars. Also a car with Spanish flags ...now, that wouldn't pass its MOT.

Urban myths! Just look around you ...there are so many cars driving round at the moment with flags flapping about and you think maybe the police haven't spotted them yet? I even saw a pushbike with an England flag on the handlebars. Also a car with Spanish flags ...now, that wouldn't pass its MOT.

i saw a work van today with SIX flags on the roof lol that was a sight...3 on each side, flapping away

is it right that the police have the right to pull you over if your flying the england flag?,and make you take it off?..but why?..and we cant go into any bar with a england shirt on as its not allowed in pubs..are these rumours or can anyone put the facts right instead of myths..

The police are the least of your worries, I've heard several cases where irate immigrants have followed the flag waving car home, broken in and sprayed the driver with crazy foam...you couldn't make it up :rant:

Archived