ENGLAND FLAGS are we allowed to fly them on our cars?

Guest sibon

Can we please have a "OMG Is it True, My Cousin Says It Is...All Things British Banned By The PC-Gone-Mad Brigade Megathread. OMG"

It would keep the forum tidy for the next month

I don't live there now but I seem to remember as a lad that you could not fly the union Jack on your car (or anywhere else) But it was Ok for a while during the Coronation. I remember my dad getting two flags on a big rubber suction cup to stick on the windshield of his sStandard 8.
You might be right, but this is the English Flag, not the Union flag. Anyway, we're all out of control over here these days, we just do what we like ... *runs with scissors*

The legislation is here. The regulation of licensed taxi and PHV services in the UK.

Taxis are not allowed to 'demonstrate any adornments or endorsements favouring a particular faith, way of life, political party or belief'. So it is difficult for drivers to show flags as it breeches this and the 'health and safety' issues around rapid movement epilepsy that can be brought on by the movement of objects close to passengers heads. It is a minefield out there.

Some people seem to think that this applies to all cars and it does not. You can dangle anything from your car provided it is inorganic, more than 2 centimeters from the ground and less than one meter past the back of your vehicle.

Whatever....I was pleased to read in the papers this morning that Wayne Rooney continues to uphold the English tradition of being polite to referees at all times :hihi:

You want to be careful - SF is being actively monitored by the Police ( Politically Correct, Muslim, Lesbian, Single Parent, Disabled Division).

You could have your collar felt any second - they know where you live.

or possibly not.

Taxi drivers in kent have been banned from having england flags!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8709173.stm

unless the bbc is lying, I will not take the blame

Bloomdido explained the reasons why here:

The legislation is here. The regulation of licensed taxi and PHV services in the UK.

Taxis are not allowed to 'demonstrate any adornments or endorsements favouring a particular faith, way of life, political party or belief'. So it is difficult for drivers to show flags as it breeches this and the 'health and safety' issues around rapid movement epilepsy that can be brought on by the movement of objects close to passengers heads. It is a minefield out there.

Some people seem to think that this applies to all cars and it does not. You can dangle anything from your car provided it is inorganic, more than 2 centimeters from the ground and less than one meter past the back of your vehicle.

Surely the police are allowed to pull people over if they spot something which leads them to believe that the driver is too stupid to operate the vehicle correctly. By putting many flags on their car, the driver is indicating their lack of intelligence and their inability to follow simple instructions.

Archived