ENGLAND FLAGS are we allowed to fly them on our cars?

Surely the police are allowed to pull people over if they spot something which leads them to believe that the driver is too stupid to operate the vehicle correctly. By putting many flags on their car, the driver is indicating their lack of intelligence and their inability to follow simple instructions.

How so ? maybe they are "shock** horror" just demonstrating their love for England ,I know this will be anathema to quite a few on here but it does happen...regularly !!.

The word "England" is superfluous. Taxi drivers are banned from displaying flags. England is not especially picked out.

I get that and have seen this part of the article which confirms it

"The rules ban any signs, letters, motifs, emblems, or marks from taxis."

http://www.vision-outdoor.co.uk/

Surely those count as marks, signs, motifs and all that?

Is it that they have an exemption for adverts?

In which case couldn't they just charge like 1p and call them adverts for the world cup or something?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions

I suppose it's adversely affecting the aerodynamics of their vehicle, but it's hardly going to treble their petrol consumption.

That apart, it seems that "lack of intelligence" as used here is just a codeword for "has a different point of view from mine."

No matter how many flags are sold between now and the first match ,while ever England keep winning the amount of flags to seen will increase accordingly.If we get to the final I guarantee most of the people who are condemning and rubbishing the car flags will be flying them and will be cheering and shouting with the rest of us ..oh and will be telling everybody they believed all along....Its time...... Believe ..its not uncool to love your country and only the fools and idiots who don't believe will laugh at you

You want to be careful - SF is being actively monitored by the Police ( Politically Correct, Muslim, Lesbian, Single Parent, Disabled Division).

You could have your collar felt any second - they know where you live.

or possibly not.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

BRILLIANT POST

No matter how many flags are sold between now and the first match ,while ever England keep winning the amount of flags to seen will increase accordingly.If we get to the final I guarantee most of the people who are condemning and rubbishing the car flags will be flying them and will be cheering and shouting with the rest of us ..oh and will be telling everybody they believed all along....Its time...... Believe ..its not uncool to love your country and only the fools and idiots who don't believe will laugh at you
My bold

People aren't flying the flag because they love their country - they're flying it because they support the England football team, which is an entirely different matter.

You don't need to fly a flag, or wear a hat, or t-shirt or anything else with the cross of St George emblazoned on it, in order to love your country.

And I will most certainly not be "cheering and shouting" with the rest of you, even if England wins the dratted final!

Archived