Porky percentages

43.64% of SF users use percentages to give their posts credence when they're really just plucked out of thin air! :

Of these, 23.92% drink coffee whilst posting. 16.4% of this being Puerto Rican, 12.6% Brazilian, 42.8% own brand whilst the other 4.28% just don't care.:o

The non coffee drinkers (76.08%) who drink liquid whilst posting are split fairly equally between Tea, water, fruit juice and alcohol (alcohol content average being around 4.5%)

Government figures show that overall, 63.7% of all fora statistics are made up :huh:

Seriously though... where do posters get some of their statistics from? :huh::hihi:

If I quote a statistic in numbers then that will have been looked up and verified from the published research paper from which it was drawn.

If I can't find the source from which to verify the figures then I'll round it off to say, for example, 'a sizeable minority'.

Archived