Porky percentages

If I quote a statistic in numbers then that will have been looked up and verified from the published research paper from which it was drawn.

I do that 24.7% of the time.

43.64% of SF users use percentages to give their posts credence when they're really just plucked out of thin air! :

Of these, 23.92% drink coffee whilst posting. 16.4% of this being Puerto Rican, 12.6% Brazilian, 42.8% own brand whilst the other 4.28% just don't care.:o

The non coffee drinkers (76.08%) who drink liquid whilst posting are split fairly equally between Tea, water, fruit juice and alcohol (alcohol content average being around 4.5%)

Government figures show that overall, 63.7% of all fora statistics are made up :huh:

Seriously though... where do posters get some of their statistics from? :huh::hihi:

Links please! :hihi:

It's not a fact if it's only 99% ...1% say it isn't ..fact! (I'm getting mixed up now!) :(

lol pedant fail!

The sentence "99% say it does not matter , fact." is worded in such a way that it says that it is a fact that 99% of people say it doesn't matter. The fact that 1% of people do not agree does not contradict this at all.

Source FACT.

Thanks for the link chem1st. :thumbsup:

Now that you've backed up your claims I really can't argue with you.

Also, I drink water whilst posting - which also backs up your claim. :cool:

And .... your breakdowns add up 100%. Can't fault you there.

What can I say, except I believe you ..... 110% :hihi:

lol pedant fail!

The sentence "99% say it does not matter , fact." is worded in such a way that it says that it is a fact that 99% of people say it doesn't matter. The fact that 1% of people do not agree does not contradict this at all.

Ha ha!.... see post #10 :D

ValleyBoy agrees with me 100% ... fact! :clap:

Thanks for the link chem1st. :thumbsup:

Now that you've backed up your claims I really can't argue with you.

Also, I drink water whilst posting - which also backs up your claim. :cool:

And .... your breakdowns add up 100%. Can't fault you there.

What can I say, except I believe you ..... 110% :hihi:

As you can see... I don't muck about with official statistics!:hihi:

Archived