How to get a V5?

I bought a car from a dealer in april and as yet I haven`t recieved the V5 (log book). How can i find out whether i`m the registered keeper as i`m concerned that it will effect my insurance if i`m not?

That would be ok but i don`t know if i`m the registered keeper. I thought about asking the police to check on there pnc but what if they find out i`m not? Then what?

You bought the car from a dealer so what you do is you apply for a log book as a new owner and pay the £25. The DVLA will send you a new log book listing previous owners etc.

Do you think the dealer stole the car? If so - why did you buy it? If you do not believe the car stolen then fill in the documents supplied by the dvla as the new owner.

Contact the dealer first, they may have just forgotten to send it off. Explain you have a receipt (I hope you stil have this!) and then contact DVLA and explain the situation. They can then advice you on the best course of action.

It will affect your insurance if you own the car but are not the registered keeper.

You bought the car from a dealer so what you do is you apply for a log book as a new owner and pay the £25. The DVLA will send you a new log book listing previous owners etc.

Do you think the dealer stole the car? If so - why did you buy it? If you do not believe the car stolen then fill in the documents supplied by the dvla as the new owner.

No, the car wasn`t stolen. He gave me the tear off slip of the log book but i`ve mislaid it

No, the car wasn`t stolen. He gave me the tear off slip of the log book but i`ve mislaid it

Then there is no problem. I got the v52a slip off the log book for my car and lost it. Filled in the form from the dvla website and sent it off to register the car in my name with me as owner. A couple of weeks later my new log book arrived.

It's not complicated. The form is pretty straight forward - just one slip of paper asking for registration; make; model and so on.

Then there is no problem. I got the v52a slip off the log book for my car and lost it. Filled in the form from the dvla website and sent it off to register the car in my name with me as owner. A couple of weeks later my new log book arrived.

It's not complicated. The form is pretty straight forward - just one slip of paper asking for registration; make; model and so on.

Thanks for that

Archived