White South African farmers/murdered

I think the salient point is that there were no white people in Africa, the white settlers didn't arrive to find an empty country. Zimbabwe has been described as the Bread Basket of Africa, well Africa was the cradle of civilisation long before white folks got there.

Well actually the white settlers did arrive to find an almost empty country. The population was a few thousand people at most scattered in communities mainly along the coast. A similar situation occured in North America and in Australia. Most black & coloured people can trace ancestory to migrants who arrived afterwards, many actually from Asia.

But what you are saying is that the colour of a persons skin has more bearing on their right to own land in a country and their right not to be murdered. I am sure the black folk in your country will be very pleased to hear that, as I understand the population was entirely white before black immigrants arrived.

But if Africa was the cradle of civilisation and everyone on the planet can trace decent to the place, doesn't that give everyone the same claim to be African by descent.

Morning scuba, I'd have a lot more empathy with Lizmachin's position if she didn't appear to be so one sided in her observations. .

A bit like you then over 13,000 postings.

I can't help noticing that you are avoiding the OP about the murder of white farmers.

The West Indians and Pakis didn't find find an empty UK. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Fantastic, this was an analogy I really wanted to draw Highfields.

My family came here in the late 40's, they didn't try to impose their own form of government on the indigenous British, nor did they try to dictate to them where they could live, who they could associate with, whether they could vote or what schools and universities their children could go to. In the main they integrated well with the host community, whites in SA didn't do that, in fact they made it a crime to marry or be in a relationship with someone not of the ethnic groups they defined-all those factors were only storing up a heap load of trouble for their future.

I'm British, born here, very patriotic, but still consider myself a visitor here, because superficially I don't look like the rest of you. If anyone came to this country and tried to impose a regime on British people like that which was imposed on South Africans, then I'd be lining up alongside you to kick their arses.

Yes it did but it's infancy covered many thousands of years before the child became a delinquent teenager, the point I was making was it didn't become an entity on the arrival of a few hundred British people on the instructions of Queen Victoria ;)
Hold on a minute I know you like to claim that the UK is to blame for all the worlds troubles but it wasn't just the Brits colonising Africa.

Every European country was there searching fo 'King Solomons Mines':hihi::hihi:

Fantastic, this was an analogy I really wanted to draw Highfields.

My family came here in the late 40's, they didn't try to impose their own form of government on the indigenous British, nor did they try to dictate to them where they could live, who they could associate with, whether they could vote or what schools and universities their children could go to. In the main they integrated well with the host community, whites in SA didn't do that, in fact they made it a crime to marry or be in a relationship with someone not of the ethnic groups they defined-all those factors were only storing up a heap load of trouble for their future.

I'm British, born here, very patriotic, but still consider myself a visitor here, because superficially I don't look like the rest of you. If anyone came to this country and tried to impose a regime on British people like that which was imposed on South Africans, then I'd be lining up alongside you to kick their arses.

You really are obssesed with skin colour (and diverting this thread off topic).

I don't think England in the 1940s needed civilising by imigrants from anywhere. In the 1940s the country took in refugees from all over Europe, who despite having a white skin have no more connection to the country than you did.

On the other hand there weren't farms in South Africa when the white setlers arrived.

So what do you think of the fact that 8% of all white farmers have been murdered in the last 16 years.

A bit like you then over 13,000 postings.
I didn't realise it was necessary to reflect on how many posts someone has made, in order to make a point.

I can't help noticing that you are avoiding the OP about the murder of white farmers.

**sigh**

Post 4

Murdering white farmers is as evil as murdering anyone else.

It may not be enough, but the EU has imposed sanctions against Zimbabwe since 2002, which were extended this year.

Post 35

I think a common view amongst (some) black political leaders in South Africa is that white farmers were beneficiaries under the apartheid regime, and they believe that seizing this land is redressing any imbalance that was artificially created previously.

However, rarely have two wrongs ever made a right.

Post 43

And as you point out, whatever the history there's no excuse for murdering people because of it, it's a shame the legacy from the likes of Mandela, Tutu, de Klerk and others has yet to be realised.

Post 46

I think Mandela was a great man, and to a lesser degree De Klerk-it was perhaps naive but understandable of the ANC to believe they could dispense with the positive influences of the more liberal members of the National Party during the post apartheid coalition, who had the experience to manage such a large and diverse country, especially in the spirit of cooperation with the ANC.

Post 70

By the way, I haven't condoned what is happening to the white farmers, it is absolutely wrong.

What did you and your parents think to the apartheid regime?

You really are obssesed with skin colour (and diverting this thread off topic).
Really? I think the OP raised the notion of skin colour and you subsequently took issue with me for using the word 'indigenous'-that wasn't taking the thread off topic??

So what do you think of the fact that 8% of all white farmers have been murdered in the last 16 years.

You do a lot of huffing and puffing, apparently I failed to read your posts earlier, yet you still continue to fail to read mine, I've consistently denounced the murder of white farmers.

The fact I wont volunteer to shine your shoes is probably getting you down though.

The fact I wont volunteer to shine your shoes is probably getting you down though.

I see your true colours are being revealed at last. Resentment of anyone white from the African continent.

Hold on a minute I know you like to claim that the UK is to blame for all the worlds troubles but it wasn't just the Brits colonising Africa.

Every European country was there searching fo 'King Solomons Mines':hihi::hihi:

I dont blame the UK for all the worlds troubles, but nor do I wear rose tinted glasses when considering our faults either.

However there aren't many Dutchmen I can shake a stick at on here today :hihi:

Archived