White South African farmers/murdered

3000!! white South African farmers murdered. Why no outcry at all from the worlds media/governments!

What if white people were murdering black farmers in that number ? What kind of outcry would there be ?

It may not be enough, but the EU has imposed sanctions against Zimbabwe since 2002, which were extended this year.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=21772416

Oh I see you doubt it is genuine.

Perhaps you will dismiss this as readily?

No, I definitely DO believe it's genuine, however you were suggesting the media weren't interested, so unless you took the photograph yourself, it probably came from a news source.

It may not be enough, but the EU has imposed sanctions against Zimbabwe since 2002, which were extended this year.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=21772416

The amount of people dying there is ridiculous. Life expectancy down to 40, just under Afghanistan!

Along with surrounding South/Central Africa countries. SA life expectancy is dropping also towards 40.

It is happening! Again, why no outcry ?

DragonofAna, i am aware that all of that will be thrown my way, i'm not bothered about that.

Ignore all of that, it was just a simple question of why no outcry ?

So, can someone please explain why ?

There is an outcry, but there are thousands of human rights abuses going on around the world at any given time, do you believe this should be given particular status over and above all the others?

Have a look on the Human Rights Watch website, it makes depressing reading of how human beings can come to treat each other the world over.

http://www.hrw.org/

Ironically I think that figure applies mainly to the indigenous population.

Indeed and attributable in the main to diseases such as AIDS and TB, both of which are treatable, if there were access to healthcare and affordable drug treatments, which is not the case in SA.

3000!! white South African farmers murdered. Why no outcry at all from the worlds media/governments!

What if white people were murdering black farmers in that number ? What kind of outcry would there be ?

Why the interest now ? this started happening in the 1900s, and it is true ,but the numbers are exaggerated.

Ironically I think that figure applies mainly to the indigenous population.

What do you call indigenous population. Many of the white people have been there for generations and many of the black people came across the borders in the last 30 years.

Archived