White South African farmers/murdered

So would you relinquish your freedom to vote, access to higher education and self determination, if Abu Hamza promised you a higher standard of living?
Of course I wouldn't, I just don't think that they deserve to have been misled by people like MgGabe.

They gain independence expecting the dawn of a new era and what do they get? I genuinely feel sorry for them.

BTW I've PMd you.

No, obviously not. You seemed to to imply that everyone was better off under aparteid, therefore I'm asking you directly if you thought it was a good thing.
Of course it wasn't, neo-nazi-ism (or whatever) is evil but so is what has happened to these countries since independence.

Why? South Africa is rich just as Zimbabwe was, it isn't the whites who're taking SA down the pan, it wasn't the whites who've taken Zimbabwe to bankruptcy.

Get Real for heavens sake.

The demise of South Africa didn't happen overnight. European immigrants have played their part over the last 200 years.

If someone walked into your garden, started digging it up and found buried treasure which they refused to share with you, I can imagine you wouldn't be best disposed towards them.

Most of that vast revenue stayed in the hands of the people who discovered it, or it left the country. Imagine what SA would look like if blacks had been included in its contemporary development from outset, yes there would still be tribal conflicts, yes there might still be racial problems, but I sincerely believe the situation for everybody and the future for this great country would be much better.

Whether black Africans are able to manage their affairs or not is not the issue, in a democracy everyone has the opportunity to vote, under apartheid that was not the case.

Sometimes the price is too high leading to what can best be described as a 'Pyrrhic' victory.

The demise of South Africa didn't happen overnight. European immigrants have played their part over the last 200 years.

If someone walked into your garden, started digging it up and found buried treasure which they refused to share with you, I can imagine you wouldn't be best disposed towards them.

Most of that vast revenue stayed in the hands of the people who discovered it, or it left the country. Imagine what SA would look like if blacks had been included in its contemporary development from outset, yes there would still be tribal conflicts, yes there might still be racial problems, but I sincerely believe the situation for everybody and the future for this great country would be much better.

I fully agree with you 100% but SA like Nigeria still has massive rescources the problem is that they are being mismanaged with corruption on the increase.

Of course I wouldn't, I just don't think that they deserve to have been misled by people like MgGabe.
Mugabe only exists because of regimes that the likes of Ian Smith created in Rhodesia! It isn't so long ago that the British government championed Mugabe, and believed he represented a sound future for that country.

They gain independence expecting the dawn of a new era and what do they get? I genuinely feel sorry for them.

BTW I've PMd you.

I totally agree, it's a mess-but it's inevitable when countries undergo such radical regime change.

Those who've held out for power, when it's granted to them they abuse it-like children discovering the local confectioner has gone home for the evening and left his shop door open.

Thanks for your message Highfields, I've read it and responded :)

Sometimes the price is too high leading to what can best be described as a 'Pyrrhic' victory.

No, I disagree. The price of democracy can never be too high, if it were then someone would always find a reason why certain communities or people whose views they abhor should be denied the vote.

No, I disagree. The price of democracy can never be too high, if it were then someone would always find a reason why certain communities or people whose views they abhor should be denied the vote.
But have they got Democracy? look at Zimbabwe it is about as democratic as the old DDR of East Germany where they used the word democratic although they neve implimented it.

But have they got Democracy? look at Zimbabwe it is about as democratic as the old DDR of East Germany where they used the word democratic although they neve implimented it.

As long as the despot in charge has a black face boyfriday will be a happy bunny regardless of the hardship imposed on the people. It is far better for people to starve and be murdered under Mugabe and for their votes to be ignored than it was to live under a regime that didn't hold mock elections in the first place.

Why? South Africa is rich just as Zimbabwe was, it isn't the whites who're taking SA down the pan, it wasn't the whites who've taken Zimbabwe to bankruptcy.

Get Real for heavens sake.

I don't know, you tell me why as you're such an authority. I would hazard a guess that it has to do with the fact that the majority of blacks are poor and can't afford the drugs, poor education, a long term denial by the government that HIV causes AIDS, a culture that promotes promiscuity, one where men do not consider it macho to wear a condom etc etc.

Archived