Birthday Lunch in City Centre?

Venkman

It's my girlfriend's birthday coming up and I want to take her for a nice lunch in the city centre before we catch a train mid-afternoon.

Doesn't have to be a huge extravaganza but more than just a sandwich - preferably with some nice veggie options too.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance :)

For a relaxed birthday treat I would say Forum or Platillos. Forum has a good range of sandwiches, tapas type sharing dishes and mains. They also can have interesting specials on. Platillos (tapas) is a bit pricier but they have lunch offers on. I'd sit in the bar downstairs at lunch, or outside if the weather is good (slim chance of that!).

Both are relaxed, but with great atmosphere. Service can be a little bit slack in the Forum, so if that could be a major issue for you I would go to Platillos.

the wick at both ends on west street does really tasty food....as does the old house on division street.

ive only ever eaten in the evening at either place, but a quick check of their respective sites should tell you prices, menus and availability at lunch time

enjoy it wherever you go :)

x

Thanks very much all!

You've basically named all of the places we already like and was wondering if a few new hidden gems might appear. Perhaps you're right that we should celebrate at one of our favourite haunts :bigsmile:

Cafe Piazza by the side of the Cathedral (HMV/ Boots that side) perhaps. Doesnt look like much but surprisingly nice and not too pricey. It's not perfect but I've yet to find anywhere in the city centre that is. I also am pretty sure they do a veggie option...

Archived