Any advice on how to get rid of ear wax?

If it does need syringing the doctor will ask you to put drops of olive oil in for a few days before,then refer you to the nurse to have it done,

Olive oil is pretty good at softening the wax, thereby helping to shift it. Pour a few drops onto a warmed spoon and tip into your ear, then plug it with some cotton wool for a while.

Olive oil is pretty good at softening the wax, thereby helping to shift it. Pour a few drops onto a warmed spoon and tip into your ear, then plug it with some cotton wool for a while.

thanks for that will try it.

can anyone reccomend how to get rid of ear wax? I have one ear blocked up and its really annoying, have been putting otex ear drops in for about 4 days now and been to the doctor who reccomended another type of drops (forgotten the name but it begins with c ) its not shifting it tho.

1) Don't feed your cat for a week

2) After a week, put some cat foot into your ear.

3) the cat will then clean your ear wax for you with its tongue

Try going swimming. I use to have really bad ear wax until I took up swimming and the ear wax seems to have cleared up. I think it is something to do with the chlorine in the water. It's also a great way of keeping fit as well.

Try going swimming. I use to have really bad ear wax until I took up swimming and the ear wax seems to have cleared up. I think it is something to do with the chlorine in the water. It's also a great way of keeping fit as well.

NOt a good idea, the wax from your ear ends up floating at the topof the water, a swimmer then accidently swallows your earwax :gag:

Archived