Argh car insurance,gone up,is it me or the car?

Mine went up by £150 at renewal time and was still the cheapest on all the compare sites :(

Ended up dropping cover to 3rd party instead of comp and reducing the value of the car (which they'd probably do anyway if I ever needed to claim! :rant:).

tried go compare and confused seen some a lttle cheaper not much tho im already paying £250 excess so i dont wanna up that,

tried just insuring myself and not my partner over £500!

he has full no claims,as well

You might want to consider upping the excess, you will get sod all repairs done for £250 anyway, a new bumper on a Mondeo was £600 6 years ago.

Car insurance is something I'll never understand.

Normally, companies reward customer loyalty. Why do companies think that after paying £400 for a years comprehensive cover that you suddenly deserve to pay £750 this year? Any other service you'd expect some great improvements for that, so why do they feel the need to do it?

tried go compare and confused seen some a lttle cheaper not much tho im already paying £250 excess so i dont wanna up that,

tried just insuring myself and not my partner over £500!

he has full no claims,as well

I had an accident in my O/Hs car about 18 months ago. He had 7 years no claims at the time, yet it is still around £100 cheaper for him to put me as a named driver on his policy than to just insure in his own name.

I also have him named on my policy for the same reason. I don't get it at all.:huh::huh:

I had an accident in my O/Hs car about 18 months ago. He had 7 years no claims at the time, yet it is still around £100 cheaper for him to put me as a named driver on his policy than to just insure in his own name.

I also have him named on my policy for the same reason. I don't get it at all.:huh::huh:

The statistics show that if there is another named driver, the chances of there being an accident are lower, presumably because one is less likely to drive whilst tired etc.

The statistics show that if there is another named driver, the chances of there being an accident are lower, presumably because one is less likely to drive whilst tired etc.

I normally don't drive his car because it is a piece of junk. But he drives mine when we go to the pub, and I drive it when we come back home.:mad:

Guest sibon

But don't forget that 79% of statistics are made up :)

To the OP, shop around. Use a couple of comparison sites and check out companies like Direct Line that don't appear on comparison sites.

Most insurers offer a discount to new customers. For that reason I change my company every year.

Archived