Argh car insurance,gone up,is it me or the car?

According to my insurer, premiums have gone up across the board because of uninsured drivers and drivers making more claims and getting ambulance chasers involved in the claim.

I have to admit to the latter. Someone hit me in January and even though I had legal assistance on my policy they were useless and made no attempt to fight my case.

According to my insurer, premiums have gone up across the board because of uninsured drivers and drivers making more claims and getting ambulance chasers involved in the claim.

So nothing to do with insurance companies wanting to make larger profits then ?

My missus has just had her renewal through and after a bit of shopping around she managed to save 25% on her premium. Her existing company wouldn't budge (despite their online price being £100 cheaper than they wanted for the renewal), so they have lost a customer. Seems they aren't bothered about their existing customers.

i have a ford focus diesel,

no accidents or convictions £400 renewal,

paid £270 last year nothing has changed only me car is a year older:rolleyes:

should i look for a smaller or lower emmisions car?if so what,?

has to be a diesel tho:)

That is nothing.

Men aged under 25 are looking at £2000+

But don't forget that 79% of statistics are made up :)

To the OP, shop around. Use a couple of comparison sites and check out companies like Direct Line that don't appear on comparison sites.

Most insurers offer a discount to new customers. For that reason I change my company every year.

That is one of the 54% made up statistics. FACT

I have to admit to the latter. Someone hit me in January and even though I had legal assistance on my policy they were useless and made no attempt to fight my case.

For certain groups car insurance is so expensive it is cheaper to start driving without a license and insurance as long as you are not taken to court more than say 50 times in a year.

Archived