Will Afghanistan ever see peace while foreign soldiers on its soil ?

We are on the brink of another war with Iran ,

the 3rd time British soldiers have attempted to occupy Afghanistan,

is there really a end in sight ?

Will the local tribes ever accept soldiers who they call “infidels” to occupy their land?

A more pertinent question might be: will Afghanistan ever see peace, regardless of whether or not 'infidels' are present. For example, when Soviet occupying forces left the country, there followed an extremely destructive civil war involving various factions of Afghan society. I think it highly likely that, when foreign forces do leave, Afghans will be fighting amongst themselves again before long.

"Will Afghanistan ever see peace while foreign soldiers on its soil ?"

I very much doubt it, but was it better before they went in?

What do think will happen when they leave, especially left in a position where fascist religious groups and warlords can corrupt and rule the government?

A more pertinent question might be: will Afghanistan ever see peace, regardless of whether or not 'infidels' are present. For example, when Soviet occupying forces left the country, there followed an extremely destructive civil war involving various factions of Afghan society. I think it highly likely that, when foreign forces do leave, Afghans will be fighting amongst themselves again before long.

regardless if they fight with each other or dont, at the moment nearly every faction sees British Teenager soldiers as a litigiment targets! there was a Civil war after the soviet occupation and there may be one after "Operation Enduring Freedom" comes too a end! BUT the fact remains occupation will always see resistance!

human history has shown us that.

But let me come back to your point, are British soliders there to keep the peace?

or to make war?

What do think will happen when they leave, especially left in a position where fascist religious groups and warlords can corrupt and rule the government?

fact at this very moment warlords sponsored by the corrupt Kabul government are in charge!

so what is your point? dont you understand at this very moment warlords get our tax money to not attack convoys?

at this very moment the government in kabul was NOT democraticly elected ?

The poppy fields have sprung up everywhere, theres probably 100 times the amount there was before american/uk rule and the last time i saw figures 97% of the worlds supply is coming from afghan.Thats alot of plane loads,sorry no, mule loads.That leaves plenty of reason to keep the forces there the profits must run into billions and for that reason our forces will be there for a long time to come,we couldnt afford to pull out.

Our local church organised a collection of gift boxes for our troops out in Afghanistan. Hundreds of shoe boxes full of things like soap, deodorant, shampoo, sweets and such like.

The irony seemed to be lost on them that if they had done something similar for the Afghan people before we decided the need to invade, they may have had a different opinion of us.

We are on the brink of another war with Iran ,

the 3rd time British soldiers have attempted to occupy Afghanistan,

is there really a end in sight ?

Will the local tribes ever accept soldiers who they call “infidels” to occupy their land?

Its evidently clear that there is no end in sight, the local tribes have not accepted the Allied forces and never will. Far from achieving peace and security the conflict has destabilised North West Pakistan a once peaceful place. As a result tension in the UK is also increasng because of the large Pakistani population here. Its time to call it a day but even if that happens the damage has already been done during the Bush era and its going to be difficult to reverse. I see Islamohpobia continuing to rise in the west and anti western sentiment continuing to rise in the Muslim world.

Isn't it just an Islamic state? So it will never see peace. It is just another one of the many basket cases. I see another one went up in flames last week. Tunisia I think. Newspaper editiors have a stock story into which they insert the countries names.

Isn't it just an Islamic state? So it will never see peace. It is just another one of the many basket cases. I see another one went up in flames last week. Tunisia I think. Newspaper editiors have a stock story into which they insert the countries names.
It doesn't take much of a guess which simplified newspapers you refer to, not all papers are for the xenophobes, you might try better quality media as a more informed choice.;)

Archived