'Women-friendly' mosques praised

A place of prayer and worship and/or study is not the same as social club. The first aspect of the attendance in a prayer is the Wudzu, the ablution and as the old fashioned primitive thinking persists in western society also of having separate mens and women's toilets, the washing facilities in a Mosque are separate for men and women.;) the discussion groups are devoid of sexual attraction or any other deviation from calmly offering prayer, quiet contemplation and attempt at piety. That is better achieved by separate halls than everybody together having a natter.

That is how I see it rather than what the SF preachers usually tell me what we Muslims do in prayer and the reasons why:hihi:

This, to me, appears to be predicated on the belief that the dedication to prayer/Allah is somewhat at risk, in the same way that Catholic priests have to remain celibate. Surely, it would be a real test of one’s faith to have mixed halls and demonstrate a devotion to prayer? Are men so driven by their ‘natural urges’ that they must be shielded from women at all times? I’m sure in places of worship across the world, men and women are able to practise their faith without being distracted by the presence of members of the opposite sex.

Do we not live in more enlightened times?

I see, so let me ask you a serious question.

Do you feel a common bond with all Muslims the world over, regardless of nationality?

And if so, why?

On a personal basis, no not particularly, but when those asking the questions treat you as a single entity then it gets emotive. The bond is assumed by the Islamophobic Westerners hell bent on creating an image that best fits their own imagined scenario.

Now that is a far cry from defending Islam when question such as you raised that all Muslims behave in this or that manner. My gripe has always been that cultural aspects are being confused with religion by those with a subversive agenda. No you can't treat all Muslims as a single entity any more than you can the Christians, therefore my bonding with other Muslims is no more than your bonding with people you feel you have something in common with but don't know personally. I give you example of the thread about white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe, do you feel a bonding with those farmers, if so why?

I see tab1 is upsetting the board once again.
The board doesn't get upset when the negativity is about Muslims so why would it get upset when a mirror is shown to the given argument? Is it one rule for you and another for me?

The board doesn't get upset when the negativity is about Muslims so why would it get upset when a mirror is shown to the given argument? Is it one rule for you and another for me?

No,you just like to think and state that to garner sympathy,Its called playing the race card..I call it whingeing

Archived