'Women-friendly' mosques praised

This, to me, appears to be predicated on the belief that the dedication to prayer/Allah is somewhat at risk, in the same way that Catholic priests have to remain celibate. Surely, it would be a real test of one’s faith to have mixed halls and demonstrate a devotion to prayer? Are men so driven by their ‘natural urges’ that they must be shielded from women at all times? I’m sure in places of worship across the world, men and women are able to practise their faith without being distracted by the presence of members of the opposite sex.

Do we not live in more enlightened times?

Maybe the difference is the Muslims don't measure every aspect of life with sex as basis of all rules. A place of prayer should not be to test yourself on sexual behaviour but much more a search for calmness of the mind, meditation and contemplation. That is as I said before better achieved with less distractions. A place of learning like a School bans mobile phones and games in the classroom for similar reasons. Boarding Schools for boys and girls tend to be separate even in the enlightened West, why?

I can see your comparisons only go as far as your experience of the Catholic system but Muslims have no concept of celibacy or restriction on sex but the criteria is for the right thing at the appropriate time, not hunting for sex at prayer times.

Interestingly in Makkah where the holy mosque is the women & men do pray together.
Only in the central part surrounding the Ka'ba, but no mixing in general in Masjid Al'haram that circles that area. Many confuse that as being allowed to mix in all the Masjid, people who do mix are not forced to move but most would automatically notice they are in the wrong section whether surrounded by man or women. That normally works out with some sections being inadvertantly taken over with majority women with men just moving to facilitate that. Hope that helps.

No,you just like to think and state that to garner sympathy,Its called playing the race card..I call it whingeing
So why are you upset Bangy, All I am saying is when dishing it out then be prepared to receive in kind, no sympathy asked for and none offered.

Although I can see you would be much happier with different rules for Muslims to your trolling self.

On a personal basis, no not particularly, but when those asking the questions treat you as a single entity then it gets emotive. The bond is assumed by the Islamophobic Westerners hell bent on creating an image that best fits their own imagined scenario.

Now that is a far cry from defending Islam when question such as you raised that all Muslims behave in this or that manner. My gripe has always been that cultural aspects are being confused with religion by those with a subversive agenda. No you can't treat all Muslims as a single entity any more than you can the Christians, therefore my bonding with other Muslims is no more than your bonding with people you feel you have something in common with but don't know personally. I give you example of the thread about white farmers in South Africa and Zimbabwe, do you feel a bonding with those farmers, if so why?

Thanks for your considered reply. No, I feel no real bond at all with anyone other than my direct family and friends and what bond exists could never be based on religion.

And I certainly don't care too much about white South Africans. Having lived there briefly back in the days of apartheid, I know as well as anyone that they're now reaping what they sowed.

Having said that, I must add that I feel SA should never have been handed over lock, stock and (two smoking) barrels to the indigenous population either, who clearly aren't qualified to run a church jumble sale, let alone an entire country. A gradual handover would have made a lot more sense.

Back to my original question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I often hear that Muslims in the UK are "angry" about what is happening to their "brothers" in the Iraqi/Afghan conflicts. It is said that this is what radicalises many young Muslims, who almost certainly have never even visited those countries.

Why should this be so, unless some kind of common bond exists between Muslims of all nationalities?

Thanks for your considered reply. No, I feel no real bond at all with anyone other than my direct family and friends and what bond exists could never be based on religion.

And I certainly don't care too much about white South Africans. Having lived there briefly back in the days of apartheid, I know as well as anyone that they're now reaping what they sowed.

Having said that, I must add that I feel SA should never have been handed over lock, stock and (two smoking) barrels to the indigenous population either, who clearly aren't qualified to run a church jumble sale, let alone an entire country. A gradual handover would have made a lot more sense.

Back to my original question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I often hear that Muslims in the UK are "angry" about what is happening to their "brothers" in the Iraqi/Afghan conflicts. It is said that this is what radicalises many young Muslims, who almost certainly have never even visited those countries.

Why should this be so, unless some kind of common bond exists between Muslims of all nationalities?

Leaving SA aside the number of Muslims is probably no more than number of people of other faiths and no faith who call the wars illegal and ill conceived or just illegitimate. The media dictates what terms are given of 'Angry' terrorist or any other. A white Christian breaking in to an army base would be called a protester and one with brown skin or a Muslim a Terrorist.

I think you'll find many more than just Muslims feel what our leaders did in Iraq and Afghanistan plus the reasons given were very wrong and unjustified, so I fail to see how that is just a Muslim thing.

So why are you upset Bangy, All I am saying is when dishing it out then be prepared to receive in kind, no sympathy asked for and none offered.

Although I can see you would be much happier with different rules for Muslims to your trolling self.

I don't make the rules other people do,therefore your last statement is again a figment of your sad imagination.I blame your religion its tailored so that you cant be seen to be enjoying life,sad and repressive..brainwashing eh.They talk about PC as far as as this country is concerned ,it seems the quoran pre dated that concept by about 1500 years,to its benefit of course

Maybe the difference is the Muslims don't measure every aspect of life with sex as basis of all rules. A place of prayer should not be to test yourself on sexual behaviour but much more a search for calmness of the mind, meditation and contemplation. That is as I said before better achieved with less distractions. A place of learning like a School bans mobile phones and games in the classroom for similar reasons. Boarding Schools for boys and girls tend to be separate even in the enlightened West, why?

I can see your comparisons only go as far as your experience of the Catholic system but Muslims have no concept of celibacy or restriction on sex but the criteria is for the right thing at the appropriate time, not hunting for sex at prayer times.

But isn't that exactly what is happening on the basis of segregation of the sexes?:confused:

I used Catholicism as an example because there in a parallel in the belief that women/sex distracts from one's commitment to God/Allah. Using examples of mobile phones and gaming is not really helpful in this context, I feel.

Leaving SA aside the number of Muslims is probably no more than number of people of other faiths and no faith who call the wars illegal and ill conceived or just illegitimate. The media dictates what terms are given of 'Angry' terrorist or any other. A white Christian breaking in to an army base would be called a protester and one with brown skin or a Muslim a Terrorist.

I think you'll find many more than just Muslims feel what our leaders did in Iraq and Afghanistan plus the reasons given were very wrong and unjustified, so I fail to see how that is just a Muslim thing.

That may have something to do with the projected outcome,you just dont see many white christian protesters with bundles of high explosive strapped to their bodies ,meanwhile muslim infiltrators of said bases seem to accept them as fashion accessories

That may have something to do with the projected outcome,you just dont see many white christian protesters with bundles of high explosive strapped to their bodies ,meanwhile muslim infiltrators of said bases seem to accept them as fashion accessories

You have witnessed these muslims ofcourse?

Seems the point I made went some distance above your head.:loopy:

You have witnessed these muslims ofcourse?

Seems the point I made went some distance above your head.:loopy:

'fraid not tabby you'll never be that clever,the only people these days who wish to blow army bases up are your Muslim brothers ,mostly ,these days white Christians are in the mould of tree huggers.

As for witnessing them ,gladly no maybe thats why Im still able to communicate with you,Im sure there are examples if you wish to look ,Afghanistan is full of them and it seems as though Pakistan is contracting the same disease also

Archived