'Women-friendly' mosques praised

as ive stated all along, these issues do need addressing in islam

BUT

ive also said all along you cannot oppress people to get rid of oppression

if a woman wears a burka by force, you CANNOT force ALL women not to wear one, that oppresses those that choose, dont mind to wear one, you need to address why some are forced and try to change it

ive posted in my "positive" muslim stories before about women that do want to wear burkas, also some in hardline countries that are actively refusing

guess its the same for these segragation issues, but still i havent seen one positive remark in this thread, its still ALL negative (even tho in my mind it is a positive that there has been a slight change)

It's been made to appear more negative by the multiple identities, otherwise most of the discussion has been positive I think, it could have been worse, Anthrop could have attacked it with a disposable username and got the thread closed.:suspect:

as ive stated all along, these issues do need addressing in islam

BUT

ive also said all along you cannot oppress people to get rid of oppression

if a woman wears a burka by force, you CANNOT force ALL women not to wear one, that oppresses those that choose, dont mind to wear one, you need to address why some are forced and try to change it

ive posted in my "positive" muslim stories before about women that do want to wear burkas, also some in hardline countries that are actively refusing

I don't disagree with any of that, however, the issue is that many are not given a choice and have no voice, so sometimes it takes those who do have a voice to take up the cause, on behalf of those who express malaise from within.

he CANNOT seperate the fact that the majority of muslims are actually just like us, they go about their lives in a similer way

You dont know many muslims then...I thought so. Tell me Mel ,the other poster has got me intrigued,just why do you break your neck to defend muslims like you do ?

You dont know many muslims then...I thought so. Tell me Mel ,the other poster has got me intrigued,just why do you break your neck to defend muslims like you do ?

A question i would like to know.

ive known plenty of muslims over the years as it happens

when you get on a bus and your encountered by a "muslim" looking driver do you instantly think of suicide bombers........or just talk to him like a normal human being?

ive known plenty of muslims over the years as it happens

when you get on a bus and your encountered by a "muslim" looking driver do you instantly think of suicide bombers........or just talk to him like a normal human being?

No he just say Zee Hail and walk in.:hihi:

It may have been a trifle funny if you had got the spelling or at least the connotation correct,as it is it looks as though a dyslexic child has attempted a vestige of humour...It didn't work for numerous reasons
:hihi:Come on Noddy you must admit the scene of you getting on a bus and arm outstretched shouting Sieg Heil! would be funny and show your true colours too:hihi:

I thought the British way was to laugh at ourselves, what's gone wrong with your sense of Britishness all of a sudden?

It's been made to appear more negative by the multiple identities, otherwise most of the discussion has been positive I think, it could have been worse, Anthrop could have attacked it with a disposable username and got the thread closed.:suspect:

Who were the multiple identities far as i can see it's been mostly you arguing with noddy and Suffragette1 with a few other interjections by me and others.

I did see another thread about multiple identities but i didn't have time to look at it, might as well look now!.

So far as i can see tab you are happy with the status quo regarding the segregation but would be happy to see changes as long as they came from within rather than influenced from without.

Is that right?.

Archived