'Women-friendly' mosques praised

I have never seen mixed washing or convenience facilities here nor abroad.

i have

at glastonbury festival at the bottom of the kids field if i remember rightly, that has a mixed shower block

ive never used it tho being an old crusty :P

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/uk-and-world-news/2010/06/09/women-friendly-mosques-praised-84229-26616364/

its not perfect (seperate room etc) but its a step in the right direction

"Batool Al-Toma, of the National Muslim Women's Advisory Group, said: "This project must be hailed as a welcome and useful exercise for the whole of the Muslim community in the UK"

Right direction for what? Are you a Muslim? If not what qualifies you to say what is right and wrong, how things should be done within Mosques?

Right direction for what? Are you a Muslim? If not what qualifies you to say what is right and wrong, how things should be done within Mosques?

what qualifies any of us to say what is right and wrong?

We voice opinions and instigate discussions.

what qualifies any of us to say what is right and wrong?

We voice opinions and instigate discussions.

indeed, its called voicing opinion

and on this matter my opinion is its a step in the right direction.

i've NEVER shyed away from saying yes on these threads i'm pro muslim........or should i say anti islamophobic but i've always said there is problems with islam and the way it treats certain people but these issues need addressing rather than oppressing muslims as a whole because of it.

and MJ for your information, not that i really need to.........i'm athiest, i dont believe in god.......or that we need religion for that matter

as the old saying goes

"there is no god in heaven so get off your knees"

So is segregation and inequality between the sexes a good thing?

that is for you to voice your own opinion on - no matter what you say, someone will always disagree with your or offer another suggestion.

Segregation may be good in some circumstances. For one I would not choose to be with a room full of men with their bums in the air.

Inequality is a no brainer. We are all equal, but do not always have the same opportunities in freedom, politics or wealth.

Over to you...

So is segregation and inequality between the sexes a good thing?

should we have mixed public toilets then?

we still have a few boy / girl only schools (should boarding school dorms be mixed?)

the vast majority of play groups are still mostly women

is it really that bad that muslims in these mosques dont mix? what would the outcome be if they did?

to me it doesnt make a jot of difference tbh, but as i said its a step in the right direction.

isnt it better to be positive about them going in the right direction instead of condemming them for not going further??

Archived