'Women-friendly' mosques praised

so everyone else in this country can be accused of being sexist but the muslims who run the mosques cant ? the churches are full of women some even priests and no restrictions on their movements within that church .many establishments up and down this country had to change their rules so women would be treated as an equal . so why the difference ?.
Making an accusation comes easy to some people so yes people can be accused for all sorts of things, that however is a far cry from the accused being guilty of such I think you would appreciate. One one hand Muslims like myself are asked to explain and so we do but when our explanation differs from the held beliefs then we are lectured as what Islam is. Either you can discuss nwith a Muslim his perspective on his religion or as seems to be the case make your accusations up and treat them as being more correct than what the Muslims are saying. Your choice.

Yes, it is a positive move although having the temerity to suggest as such some seem to infer as racism or cultural arrogance.:roll:

So would you agree, Tab, that it is a positive move?

No obfuscation - please!

To me simply because it is a move from withhin and in keeping with Islamic but not necesserily cultural rules that it is a positive.

To me simply because it is a move from withhin and in keeping with Islamic but not necesserily cultural rules that it is a positive.

Sorry, I'm probably being really dumb, however, I've reread that sentence several times and am not quite sure what you mean exactly. :huh:

His nine year old bride never gets any praise, why is that?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=aisha+mohamids+bride

The lady you accuse of being a nine year old abused was estimated to have been 17, so explaining lack of outcry over it. Aisha is one of the influential figures in forming the Hadith as an indicator of how the Prophet lived his life. Yet Islamophobes continue to spread lies to the contrary.

The lady you accuse of being a nine year old abused was estimated to have been 17, so explaining lack of outcry over it. Aisha is one of the influential figures in forming the Hadith as an indicator of how the Prophet lived his life. Yet Islamophobes continue to spread lies to the contrary.

Is there anything that prohibits the depiction of Aisha? I only wonder because there was a book and film made about her last year I think. There was a little bit of a hoo haa, but nothing too much.

I can understand asian women et al who were born into the muslim religion after all they know no other life until they come over here and see how western women live in freedom and then you may get some,teenagers especially,rebelling..What I can never understand is western women wanting to convert to a religion that by its own religious idea suppresses them.I know a lot convert for men ,but again its very rare you hear of muslim men converting to their future wives religion..Oh well it takes all sorts I suppose I gather there are women,and men, who choose to live their lives being dominated.

Clearly Bangy doesn't know what freedom means in context of society.:roll:

Is there anything that prohibits the depiction of Aisha? I only wonder because there was a book and film made about her last year I think. There was a little bit of a hoo haa, but nothing too much.

On September 27, 2008 Martin Rynja's house in London was firebombed, apparently by individuals opposed to the publication.[19]. Three men were arrested on suspicion of commissioning, preparing or instigating acts of terrorism; radical Islamic clerics such as Anjem Choudhary warned of further attacks.[20] The three men were caught because officers had been watching them in an intelligence-led surveillance operation; they were later found guilty of conspiracy to recklessly damage property and endanger life.[21]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jewel_of_Medina

Hmmm - firebombing the UK publishing house? Depends on your definition of 'nothing too much' I suppose.

by answer do you mean post 370 ?thats not an answer to my question its typical tabby evasiveness ,I asked you if you would have your wife have the same freedom as you in the mosque,you still haven't answered as well as your failure to answer any other question put to you,not only by me but others as well..Oh yes you answer them,your way,you talk a lot but you say nothing.

What's up Bangy did my answer fit in to your world view?

No problem, why don't you set up a Muslim persona and then make it say whatever you want :lokj:

Archived