'Women-friendly' mosques praised

ASh tabby ,I don't incite hatred ,I don't stand on street corners shouting muslims out ,I simply come on here and tell the truth about what I perceive of your religion you answer back to the best of your ability but invariably start losing the argument and then the only way you know how to hit back is by playing the race card.You show me any post where I have cajoled anyone to hate your religion.
I have yet to see you miss an opportunity to do so?

I have yet to see you miss an opportunity to do so?

iv asked you to show me where I have incited hatred as you put it..I ask questions ,you cant or refuse to answer ..where is that inciting hatred,Im sure if that were the case the admin wouldn't waste any time in removing the offending post ..I dont think Iv had any post removed as yet ...have you ?

iv asked you to show me where I have incited hatred as you put it..I ask questions ,you cant or refuse to answer ..where is that inciting hatred,Im sure if that were the case the admin wouldn't waste any time in removing the offending post ..I dont think Iv had any post removed as yet ...have you ?

you have not incited hatred its a soundbite ignore it

Terrorism is global. During the hiatus between the last IRA bombing on these shores and 9/11, most people probably never even gave it second thought. However, the latter, as it was closer to home and involved Westerners, became fixed in the public consciousness, followed by 7/7. I suspect that the vast majority of the public had never even thought about Islamic issues prior to that.

That said, I do think that what people fear is censorship (self and imposed) rather than terrorism, per se, hence the 'Draw a Mohammed Day' stunt.

Are you sure that censorship is the issue?

The example you cite is an ironic one because the whole purpose of the draw a mohammed day stunt was in protest at a perceived threat from comments on the revolutionmuslim website. The direct implication being that the website editor should self censor.

The person that kicked it all off did not see the protest as being simply about censorship, which is why she disowned it.

http://www.mollynorris.com/

What the popularity of the protest revealed is the worrying extent of the desire to cause insult and offence to muslims.

What the popularity of the protest revealed is the worrying extent of the desire to cause insult and offence to muslims.
or could it be the world over have a sense of humour and treat it for what it was (a joke), would we kick off about this if it was a draw jesus/god day ?i dont think so, so stop pampering to the pro everthing muslim brigade and get a sense of humour :hihi:

or could it be the world over have a sense of humour and treat it for what it was (a joke), would we kick off about this if it was a draw jesus/god day ?i dont think so, so stop pampering to the pro everthing muslim brigade and get a sense of humour :hihi:

Just because something is a joke does not excuse the intent.

Mass demonstrations of intolerance, is a hypocritical way to protest against another groups intolerance. It is a grubby tit for tat.

Hugo Rifkind in the Times expresses it well:

EDMD is a grubby project. Obviously I do get the wider point that radical Islam badly needs to grow up, and its violent immaturity is genuinely a problem. And, in general, I don’t think satire is a bad way of dealing with this, even if it just involves saying “draw Mohammed, draw Mohammed, draw Mohammed” over and over again, so it stops being taboo, much like John Cleese saying “Jehovah” in Life of Brian. But still, there’s something here that makes me twitch.

I think it’s the “everybody”. It’s the “everybody” of a man at the back of a mob, trying to persuade other people to get lynching. If a cartoonist wants to satirise Islam by drawing Mohammed, I’m on his side all the way. But among the 13,000 pictures on the EDMD Facebook page, you have Mohammed as a dog in a veil, Mohammed as a pig and Mohammed as a monkey. That’s not resistance, but picking a fight. Issuing a death threat against somebody who drew a picture isn’t my thing, but this isn’t either

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/hugo_rifkind/article7135478.ece

I don't agree. It's like the bad old days where women would get groped in the workplace, but when they protested/ took action to stop the groper, they were told "Huh, you've no sense of humour!"

Just because something is a joke does not excuse the intent.

Mass demonstrations of intolerance, is a hypocritical way to protest against another groups intolerance. It is a grubby tit for tat.

Hugo Rifkind in the Times expresses it well:

"EDMD is a grubby project. Obviously I do get the wider point that radical Islam badly needs to grow up, and its violent immaturity is genuinely a problem. And, in general, I don’t think satire is a bad way of dealing with this, even if it just involves saying “draw Mohammed, draw Mohammed, draw Mohammed” over and over again, so it stops being taboo, much like John Cleese saying “Jehovah” in Life of Brian. But still, there’s something here that makes me twitch.

I think it’s the “everybody”. It’s the “everybody” of a man at the back of a mob, trying to persuade other people to get lynching. If a cartoonist wants to satirise Islam by drawing Mohammed, I’m on his side all the way. But among the 13,000 pictures on the EDMD Facebook page, you have Mohammed as a dog in a veil, Mohammed as a pig and Mohammed as a monkey. That’s not resistance, but picking a fight. Issuing a death threat against somebody who drew a picture isn’t my thing, but this isn’t either."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/hugo_rifkind/article7135478.ece

My bold.

But as usual, as far as most journalists are concerned, he doesn't go on to say what is his thing.:roll:

Archived