England should have "gone it alone"

The North is the power house of the UK.

If we went it alone we would go to producing stuff instead of taking a percentage.

If we produced who would we sell it to? And if we did...would we not take a percentage? Or is this the new Northern way?:confused:

If we produced who would we sell it to? And if we did...would we not take a percentage? Or is this the new Northern way?:confused:

I mean until Thatcher the North was where we earned our crust. Then it all went South where it was all about Banking and Investment.

We up North are still a hard working bread and still know where money comes from.

Give us the chance and WE could work our way out of this mess given the investment.

New Hi-bread cars, electric cars,steel works, ect ect, give us the means and the tools and we will drag the world back into the shape it SHOULD be in with todays technology and skill.

I mean until Thatcher the North was where we earned our crust. Then it all went South where it was all about Banking and Investment.

We up North are still a hard working bread and still know where money comes from.

Give us the chance and WE could work our way out of this mess given the investment.

New Hi-bread cars, electric cars, ect ect, give us the means and the tools and we will drag the world back into the shape it SHOULD be in with todays technology and skill.

But would we take a percentage?

Im not talking about us taking percentage as in what we make, I am talking about how we are relying on London to make world wide investments and take chances to earn the countries wages. We are skilled enough to still make steel products and manufacture goods, even if the world has caught up a lot and has cheaper labour costs, if we put our minds to it and radicalised our way of travell alone the world would follow, much how it was when we rolled out steam to the four continants. We know what has to be done and only if we as a country made an agenda of it would the concencous for the likes of wind power and electric cars manufactured here be strong enough to lead the way and earn us revinue doing so.

No more tax money into things that keep us in the status quo, meaning our indipendance on oil.

Make Govt money only be invested in companies (no matter how small to start) that offer technology that we are happy with and encourage our cleverest to make make the technology more thesable by the new investment, meaning it be THE job to be in as thats where the money is going to be.

Its going to be hard but how much harder can it be given the hardships the reliance on Banks has been ? for us all now and in the future ?

New Hi-bread cars, electric cars,steel works, ect ect, give us the means and the tools and we will drag the world back into the shape it SHOULD be in with todays technology and skill.

Totally agree, the North has always been the grafters of the country, industrial, hard working, my nan ( she's 85) has always said this country survived on the hard work of the northern Industries, but it's all a sham now, sold off, franchised, privatised, and forgotten now...only to sit waiting for a chance to get this place out of the economic slum (sic) it's in, the factories, industry, workers are here waiting and wanting to provide the growth this country needs, we have knowledge, technology and bloody true-minded Brits craving the opportunity to make this country the envy of the rest, just like it used to be....we were, and still should be the the industrious and innovative nation we were in history...planes, trains, cars, steel!!! Look at us on a globe we are tiny compared to other nations, and we were and should be again one of the greatest!!! :rant:

Totally agree, the North has always been the grafters of the country, industrial, hard working, my nan ( she's 85) has always said this country survived on the hard work of the northern Industries, but it's all a sham now, sold off, franchised, privatised, and forgotten now...only to sit waiting for a chance to get this place out of the economic slum (sic) it's in, the factories, industry, workers are here waiting and wanting to provide the growth this country needs, we have knowledge, technology and bloody true-minded Brits craving the opportunity to make this country the envy of the rest, just like it used to be....we were, and still should be the the industrious and innovative nation we were in history...planes, trains, cars, steel!!! Look at us on a globe we are tiny compared to other nations, and we were and should be again one of the greatest!!! :rant:

All well and good lilypiglet, nice sentiments..but, the world is not 2thirds Pink any longer. Other nations we had a stranglehold on broke free and got their act together leaving us flapping around like drowning fish in 2" of water. We bounced back on the back of finance...it's what we do and we're pretty good at it. Try starting a business where your main source of energy is a waterwheel, and transport a horse or canal boat and you'll go under like a duck that's just swallowed 6lb of lead. England is not the 60/70s. We can't compete on a production level...unless you're prepared to work a 12hr shift for 3 quid. Sorry Northerners but the empire is a fleeting memory.

Jap tv's and German cars...says it all really.

All well and good lilypiglet, nice sentiments..but, the world is not 2thirds Pink any longer. Other nations we had a stranglehold on broke free and got their act together leaving us flapping around like drowning fish in 2" of water. We bounced back on the back of finance...it's what we do and we're pretty good at it. Try starting a business where your main source of energy is a waterwheel, and transport a horse or canal boat and you'll go under like a duck that's just swallowed 6lb of lead. England is not the 60/70s. We can't compete on a production level...unless you're prepared to work a 12hr shift for 3 quid. Sorry Northerners but the empire is a fleeting memory.

Jap tv's and German cars...says it all really.

Cheap labour and foreign imports is not the answer, it might be what we are having to put up with, but I thought we were discussing the ways to make us better as a profitable/industrious/self-sufficient nation.....I KNOW it's not the 60/70's:loopy:.....jeeeeez, I was and am still trying to itterate that we shouldn't ne crumbling in economic waste and jobs deficit when the means are there to be used to our countries benefit, please look back a few quotes to other users, I'm not alone in thinking this...and funnily enough, I don't know of any industry/manufacturing/processing etc that work 12 hour shifts for £3..unless you're a kid in China whopping out knock off Nikes, but then Sheffield never had a huge fancy trainers market, so wouldn't really have affected the working masses here.....:loopy:

Archived