England should have "gone it alone"

England has changed much over the past twenty years or so. We have, I think to our disadvantage, become more closely associated with Europe and many ill advised people in the aforementioned period would have liked to see us adopt the Euro.

We should have gone it alone and disregarded the rest of Europe and America. We are very good at being iscolationists, we always have been, people used to admire us and respect us for it. BUT NOW....we are just a bunch of wannabees, who do not even know what they wannabee!:suspect:

I sincerely hope that some are :cool: enough to understand what I mean!:roll:

Go it alone and the chances are you'll be ripe for the picking, I guess that's what some people want. It's much easier to persaude people to your cause if you isolate them. Nice try.

Totally agree, the North has always been the grafters of the country, industrial, hard working, my nan ( she's 85) has always said this country survived on the hard work of the northern Industries, but it's all a sham now, sold off, franchised, privatised, and forgotten now...only to sit waiting for a chance to get this place out of the economic slum (sic) it's in, the factories, industry, workers are here waiting and wanting to provide the growth this country needs, we have knowledge, technology and bloody true-minded Brits craving the opportunity to make this country the envy of the rest, just like it used to be....we were, and still should be the the industrious and innovative nation we were in history...planes, trains, cars, steel!!! Look at us on a globe we are tiny compared to other nations, and we were and should be again one of the greatest!!! :rant:

The North is the hard working bit, eh? Do me a favour and look at the number of threads on this forum about workshy scrotes claiming benefits and then come back and tell we can bring back the days of the Empire.

As an island race we will never be 'proper' Europeans.

We have demonstrated our individuality many times and our national character has formed because of it.

We are a small maverick country able to move quickly, but are hidebound by the vast bureaucracy (and stupidity) that is European legislation.

We have Commonwealth links to countries all over the globe and have managed to maintain mostly cordial relations.

We should leave Europe and trade with the Commonwealth and the rest of the world on our own terms.

Totally agree, the North has always been the grafters of the country, industrial, hard working, my nan ( she's 85) has always said this country survived on the hard work of the northern Industries, but it's all a sham now, sold off, franchised, privatised, and forgotten now...only to sit waiting for a chance to get this place out of the economic slum (sic) it's in, the factories, industry, workers are here waiting and wanting to provide the growth this country needs, we have knowledge, technology and bloody true-minded Brits craving the opportunity to make this country the envy of the rest, just like it used to be....we were, and still should be the the industrious and innovative nation we were in history...planes, trains, cars, steel!!! Look at us on a globe we are tiny compared to other nations, and we were and should be again one of the greatest!!! :rant:

That made me smile and nod in agreement!:cool:

As an island race we will never be 'proper' Europeans.

We have demonstrated our individuality many times and our national character has formed because of it.

We are a small maverick country able to move quickly, but are hidebound by the vast bureaucracy (and stupidity) that is European legislation.

We have Commonwealth links to countries all over the globe and have managed to maintain mostly cordial relations.

We should leave Europe and trade with the Commonwealth and the rest of the world on our own terms.

Europeans are developing a "sameness" that we should try our utmost to be unlike. We should not feel the need to be like others as we are the best.:P

Archived