The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

What a shame nobody can do anything to it. Its a great old building and should be the heart of the community

yes it really took me back in time seeing those pictures me and my mum and many friends spent happy hours there my mum loved her bingo and David who owned it was great he really did a lot for the older ones that went and the atmosphere was much better than the bingos now ,oh how i long for pie and peas from the snack bar with mint sauce.

It all went downhill went Vardon bingo came to Kilner Way, alot went there instead.It was the same but the other way round, the crowds that went to the Crown bingo at Lane Top left there to go to the Ritz.

Anybody know whats happened to David who owned Davids Place?Is he ok?

Wow, amazing to see inside. Actually you can still see the layout of the old Ritz. Amazing, I expected it to be just a black shell. It looks rather depressing, has I can remember some real good times in there. I have spoken to people whom remember it as the cinema. Thousands and thousands of people have enjoyed the atmoshere that this building had in its hey-day both as a cinema and a bingo hall.

Can you imagine the money that building generated in its hey-days, a sad sad reflection of changes. This cinema and bingo was a community focal place that provided both entertainment and jobs.

Has said, depressing images to veiw and also a sad reflection of today's society.

ONE OF THE BEST CINEMAS IN SHEFFIED DURING THE LATE 1950s AND EARLY

1960s,SPENT A LOT OF TIME AT THE RITZ DURING THAT TIME.

• 1 year later...