The old Ritz bingo place on Wordsworth Avenue - what's happening to it?

it's a big eye sore that needs a wrecking ball to it. it's been set on fire more times than i remember, it's been used as a drugs den a drugs supply shop. why keep it the land could be redeveloped into social housing. i don't know who owns it but they are sitting on a load of money maybe thats the reason it sits there

it's a big eye sore that needs a wrecking ball to it. it's been set on fire more times than i remember, it's been used as a drugs den a drugs supply shop. why keep it the land could be redeveloped into social housing. i don't know who owns it but they are sitting on a load of money maybe thats the reason it sits there

It's had a wrecking ball to it, it's gone!!

what a stupid pointless reply by someone who cant even count how many student properties he rents out here is a clue 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

heres a clue according to your previous posts its between 2 and 4 :D

the owner of the land is still trying to get planning permission for some apartments to be built on the site but as far as im aware he is struggling with the planning permission

maybe penistone999 should build another 12 student lets on there oh sorry I mean 3 :hihi:

Funny reply though, it does spend a lot of time over cross, I see it often in distance haha

dunno maybe the planning department ??

Oh. The reason I ask is that i have it on very good authority that nothing at all has been submitted to the planning department at the council.

Maybe he's sent it to Ask Aspel or somewhere...?

why rely on rumour and gossip? you can find out using your computer.

here are the planning applications for the site, that i found simply by searching for "Ritz" on the planning site here. alternatively you can use the map search to see what has been put in for the building. if you look at the reference number then the first two numbers relate to the year, so those below date from 2006,2002 and 1991. There doesnt seem to be any application that is still in date (without checking i think they have a validity of 5 years) so not sure what planning permission the current owner actually has. I am surprised that no application has been lodged for permission to demolish - this page indicates that "virtually all buildings" need permission to demolish now.

A) Erection of 44 apartments in 1 x 5/6 storey block with associated car parking accommodation

Ritz Social Club Southey Green Road Sheffield S5 8GX

Ref. No: 06/02378/FUL | Received: Wed 14 Jun 2006 | Validated: Wed 14 Jun 2006 | Status: Granted Conditionally Legal Agreement

B) Residential Development

Site Of Former Ritz Cinema Southey Green Road Sheffield

Ref. No: 02/00612/OUT | Received: Thu 28 Feb 2002 | Validated: Thu 28 Feb 2002 | Status: Granted Conditionally Legal Agreement

C) RITZ BINGO HALL, SOUTHEY GREEN ROAD, 5 - EXTENSIONS TO OFFICES

Ritz Social Club Southey Green Road Sheffield S5 8GX

Ref. No: 91/02610/FUL | Received: Thu 19 Sep 1991 | Validated: Mon 16 Sep 1991 | Status: Granted

why rely on rumour and gossip? you can find out using your computer.

Check on Sheffgov planning dept .Application received jun 2006 for 44 apartments .Permission conditionally granted.

All well and good but the point is, that 2006 application has now lapsed. You only get 3 years to implement it. As it stands, there is no planning permission for any development on that site. My previous point being that nothing new has been submitted, therefore, no one knows what will happen to the site.

I am surprised that no application has been lodged for permission to demolish - this page indicates that "virtually all buildings" need permission to demolish now.

I believe that the demolition notice served by the council automatically grants permission.