Can a cushion be used as a booster seat.

Could anyone explain the obsession with 'cheap' when you are looking at the safety and security of the most precious thing you will ever have the privilage of possesing..,,..your child.

I just assumed that the reason the OP did not want to buy a booster seat is cost. What other reason would there be?

Funnily enough there was no such thing as booster seats when i was a child... and everyone seemed to grow up perfectly fine. In fact most people didn't even wear seatbelts.

Except for the ones who died horribly in nasty car accidents, of course... :roll:

Or are you suggesting cars didn't crash when you were a kid?

Could anyone explain the obsession with 'cheap' when you are looking at the safety and security of the most precious thing you will ever have the privilage of possesing..,,..your child.

because children grow up fast and will grow out of their booster seats. We didn't wear seatbelts when I was a kid and most of us survived.

I think its another place where health and safety has gone a bit haywire. Instead of forcing everyone to buy loads of booster seats for every child why don't they prosecute many more dangerous drivers (I see them every day speeding, swerving, going through red lights, people drink drive and are allowed back behind the wheel??? they should immediately get a lifetime ban-no excuses)

because children grow up fast and will grow out of their booster seats. We didn't wear seatbelts when I was a kid and most of us survived.

I think its another place where health and safety has gone a bit haywire. Instead of forcing everyone to buy loads of booster seats for every child why don't they prosecute many more dangerous drivers (I see them every day speeding, swerving, going through red lights, people drink drive and are allowed back behind the wheel??? they should immediately get a lifetime ban-no excuses)

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

You don't need to buy ""loads of booster seats"" there is one type for under 3 years and another for betwen 4 and 11.

If you are buying one item that is going to protect the welfare of your child for 7 years from the dangers incured by the type of people you yourself say you see every day and quote above. I think you might want to pay more than the cost of a couple of portions of fish and chips or a pair of slippers that he'll grow out of in 6 months.

In fact most people spend thousands of pounds over those 7 years from simply changing their cars but you can keep the old booster seat. Or do you swap the air-bags as well to save money?

Let's get things in perspective.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

You don't need to buy ""loads of booster seats"" there is one type for under 3 years and another for betwen 4 and 11.

If you are buying one item that is going to protect the welfare of your child for 7 years from the dangers incured by the type of people you yourself say you see every day and quote above. I think you might want to pay more than the cost of a pair of slippers that he'll grow out of in 6 months or a couple of portions of fish and chips.

In fact most people spend thousands of pounds over that period from simply changing their cars but keep the old booster seat. Or do you swap the air-bags as well?

Let's get things in perspective.

I dont care I was giving an example of why someone might want to pay less for something that I doubt would be of much use in a crash.

there will also be ababy seat to add to your list

"I don't care"....."for something that I doubt would be of much use in a crash"

If that's what you believe then all the crash test results must all be wrong.

"there will also be ababy seat to add to your list"

No, as I said, the one seat fits up to 3 years...... Just two seats for 12 years of your childs life and I do mean LIFE!!!!

There will be thousands of parents who will be spending 3 times that much for a bl**@y England shirt that will only last a few weeks....And if you go to the wrong place wearing it could cause injury.

If that's what you believe then all the crash test results must all be wrong.

No, as I said, the one seat fits up to 3 years...... Just two seats for 12 years of your childs life and I do mean LIFE!!!!

There will be thousands of parents who will be spending 3 times that much for a bl**@y England shirt that will only last a few weeks....And if you go to the wrong place wearing it could cause injury.

No I dont think it will do that much in a crash, Im not denying it is safer (it probably is) just that I doubt it makes that much difference in a real life crash. It is just plastic. It could save a childs life but then not driving could also save a childs life.

So do you think that seat-belts don't help in a crash either?

Bacause without a booster seat of some sort a child cannot wear a belt, or if it does it runs the risk of actually being even more seriously injured.

I wouldn't know what sort of work you are in but do you perhaps spend a lot of money on safety shoes to protect your own feet or something else similar?

Booster seats enable the child to sit at a height where the seat belt is effective in a crash. If the belt is too high there is danger of the child sliding under the belt which is not good.

The use of seatbelts and child seats is one of the reasons the no. of KPIs reduces or remains pretty constant from year to year despite the number of miles driven increasing each year.

Archived