Sheffield to Manchester M60 J8

Hi,

I live near london road in sheffield and I have to get to M60 (Manchester) J8 by 6 AM tomorrow. Just wondering what route would be the best. I'm planning on taking A628 instead of snake pass since its terrible coming out of Glossop, tons of slow moving cars there.

Also, I think rush hour traffic on M60 doesn't start till 7 but I'm not sure, Anyone knows for sure what time it starts building up?

Thanks

Drive down Abbeydale Road to it's junction with Abbey Lane, turn right and follow it to the end then turn left and go all the way to Castleton.

Go through Castleton and take the left turn to Speedwell Cavern up Winnats Pass and turn right at the top. This road takes you down to Chapel en le Frith. Join the A6 to Stockport just before Chapel and follow this into Stockport and it's juntion with the M60. Join M60 clockwise and follow to J8 at Stretford.

This is the route I always take and will be very quiet. Will take about 1 hour 20 minutes.

Yep, I would ditto donotemove's route.

If you are travelling that early any route will be pretty quiet.

Or take the Snake, it will be quiet the other end as well. No point cutting all the way upto the A628.

You should be able to do both routes in under 1.5hrs easy.

Ok petrol heads , what time would you set off to get to Warrington quay station for 9.15 am from Dronfield [ sorry for butting in on Zeeshans thread ] Thanks .

I'd give myself two hours to be on the safe side. I can normally make it to Liverpool in that time unless there's an almighty snarl up due to an accident.

Archived