To the person who sold a Vauxhall Vectra estate start of May 2010

This is a LONG shot but......

Can you please contact me ASAP. There is nothing wrong with the car dont worry the car is fine, I am unable to tax it as DVLA have not been notified yet and as its in your name still. As it's in your name and you are still the registered keeper, you can tax it for me at the local DVLA office without the V5 by filling in a form, obviously i will go with you and pay for the tax disc.

Thank you.

You should be able to tax it with the bottom part of the V5 form he/she should have given you.

Also to add, the previous owner won't be able to tax it for you if they no longer have insurance on the vehicle.

None of thoes, it was start of May when it was listed, the 2nd i think. I maybe wrong but adds dont go back that far as autotmatically deleted after 14 days.

I have insurance for it and MOT cert, doesnt matter who's name insurance is in as long as its insured by a driver - and the registered keeper is not nesseserily the owner of the car anyway.

I was given the tear off (i think) but cant find it been searching for days. I rand DVLA up who advised me that the current registered keeper is the one who can apply for its tax at a local office, but would have to fill out a form which is just confimration.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to check old adds at all? If mods have the ability to do this?

Its important I find this guy so I can sort out the keepers details, otherwise he will get SORN notice and a fine for not informing DVLA of change of details, and if i go through any red lights or speed camera's, it;s him who will get the tickets, so it's in his best interest to contact me ASAP!

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to check old adds at all? If mods have the ability to do this?

I'm no longer a Moderator around these parts but I strongly suspect you might be out of luck here. I believe that ads are automatically deleted from the server after 14 days.

I would be contacting DVLA Sheffield again to tell them that you can't locate the previous owner and asking them where you go from here.

I'm no longer a Moderator around these parts but I strongly suspect you might be out of luck here. I believe that ads are automatically deleted from the server after 14 days.

That's correct, once the ads are gone, they are gone for ever.

Do you have any PMs or emails or text messages? If you rang the person will their number still be in your phone or on the bill?

If all else fails you can "buy" their details from the DVLA - just like private parking firms do in order to issue their fines. But I don't know how you go about this.

Archived