To the person who sold a Vauxhall Vectra estate start of May 2010

I have a pay as you go phone and my call list only goes back to 12th May annoyingly. I didnt think there would be any issues as i filled in the V5, he said he would send it same day and I got the green tear off slip which I now cant find.

Car is fine like I said, and i know i can apply for a V5 at a cost of £25 but I dont want this guy who sold me me the car to revcieve letters or fines from the DVLA as its still registered in his name. I could easily go out and run red lights etc or park in ANPR car parks and that will make him take note, but I am trying to do the right thing by letting him know the DVLA will issue him a fine for failing to notify of change of keeper details. My car is parked in the road as I dont have a garage/drive so if and when the DVLA ANPR van goes past and picks up as no TAX, he will also get a fine for that.

My car is parked in the road as I dont have a garage/drive so if and when the DVLA ANPR van goes past and picks up as no TAX, he will also get a fine for that.

But it will be your car that they wheel clamp/tow away/crush - I doubt the guy who sold it to you will pay the clamp release fee for you.

It was DVLA who said that the current registered keeper (which is not me yet) is the one responsible for the veichle and also for notifying DVLA of change of ownership, so if anything happens to the vehicle or any fines/tickes issued its him who will recive them. Also DVLA said they can fine him for failing to declare these changes.

Archived