Sheffields best unsigned band! The Hope Explosion at The Grapes, 19 June

Bonzo77

Sheffield's got a whole heap of talent out there music wise.....some of them just need a break...which can be the difference between success & failure.

I always like Milburn & was gutted they split up.

Good luck to them & hope you have a great night.

Sheffield's got a whole heap of talent out there music wise.....some of them just need a break...which can be the difference between success & failure.

I always like Milburn & was gutted they split up.

Good luck to them & hope you have a great night.

Your right, there is a lot of crap bands, but there is also some amazing bands in sheffield! I think the scene is really good at the moment. A lot better than it was when I started playing!

Every Sheffield band with an ounce of talent thinks they're Sheffield's best unsigned band (especially if they're modestly comparing themselves to the Arctic Monkeys)! But yes, there is a lot of good craft out there. Look forward to hearing this when I get back.

They'd better be good!!!!!

Supposing a public lavatory in the Derbyshire village of Hope exploded due to a build up of methane gas? Then the name of this band would appear to be in very poor taste indeed. Perhaps they should consider that.

Suppose your really a fat person called Sid!

Check out Mojo and the Beatniks. In their words.."Mojo and the Beatniks are a Sheffield seven-piece that spit psychedelic, funky rhythm oil from the hips in an eclectic array of didgeridoo, djembe, brass, guitar, flute, harmonica, drums, bass and soulful vocals".

In my words..they are great to dance and go wild to, brilliant live!! :)

http://www.myspace.com/mojoandthebeatniks

Shrine of the Monkey and Choker

two of my favourites :)

Shrine are entertaining enough in a metal kind of way - but their lead guitarist/frontman deploys just about every absurd cliche the genre has ever thrown up - when I saw them last he even did a thoroughly cringeworthy tongue flickering thing that was pure Spinal Tap. I could never take a bamd like that seriously.....

Archived