Job Centre Plus

I am currently out of work and have been for about 3 months now, But now i have just been placed on a weekly sign on. They said that it will improve your chances of getting a job, But no it realy doesen't it's pointless just wasting another day when you can be searching for jobs, they just get you to sign on a piece of paper and tell you that you can go!! ARGHH!!:rant:

i signed on for six months last year, only one member of staff was actually helpful in helping me look for a job, the others either just let me sign and go or grilled me about what i'd been doing after just letting all the junkies and drunkies straight through. I sat there once whilst a guy made arrangements to score and then get booze at half 10!

The once a week thing is **** and pointless, just made me hate the job centre more.

I signed on for 8 months back home in Grimsby, not once did they find a suitable job for me to apply for. Despite having a degree they just told me to apply for local fish factories.

I heard many conversations in there regarding someone just leaving prison, and signing on the next day. Heard some having quite a loud conversation about where to get drugs, and there was one person in there who had never hear of Google!

I am currently out of work and have been for about 3 months now, But now i have just been placed on a weekly sign on. They said that it will improve your chances of getting a job, But no it realy doesen't it's pointless just wasting another day when you can be searching for jobs, they just get you to sign on a piece of paper and tell you that you can go!! ARGHH!!:rant:

Yep just another stupid waste of time, do they pay your extra expense for having to come in?

I have just finished being on a weekly signing, they hassle you more but don't help you in any way. They made me take in proof that I had been applying for jobs and tried to get me to do some work trial rubbish, they can get bent! I am back on fortnightly signing again now, good times!

:)

Archived