Anyone had their wedding reception at Whirlow?

We are hoping to get married next Spring - we are aiming for a church wedding followed by a reception at Whirlow Hall. I just wondered if anyone had had their wedding breakfast / evening reception here?

The main reason I ask (as well as for general feedback on this venue) is that we've been told we could not sit down for the wedding breakfast until 5.30pm as they have to keep the cafe there open until then.

This is a bit later than I'd ideally want and am a bit worried about turn around times and keeping everyone entertained between the church ceremony and sitting down for the meal etc.

Has anyone had any experience of this at Whirlow? And if so, how did the timings etc. all work out?

Many thanks for your help and feedback - am sure it'll be absolutely fine but think I just need to put my mind at ease!

Try not to worry about timings, my OH was best man at the wedding of two of our best friends last year and they too were worried about the time between the church and the sit down meal. They thought that maybe there was too big a gap, but as it happens, it was lovely for everyone to mill around with drinks in hand and chat to people they hadn't seen for ages. I'm sure everything will run smoothly! Congratulations by the way :)

Archived