Fed up with young idiots

why cant goverment put a stop to these young idiots driving big engine cars, ie under 21 you could only drive up to 1-3 litre engine 25 years 1-6 litre 30 plus any car. this would stop the idiots .

Insurance companies pretty much enforce this with their prices. That's why most people under 21 DO drive 1.3 litre cars. Any one who drives a bigger engine car has to pay more on insurance. It's their choice.

Weren't you young once!

How do they get insurance? my 1.6 engine car, the insurance has gone up with a real hike.

I'd love a Sporty GT, however couldn't afford the insurance, how do the 18 year olds afford this?

A lot of them dont bother with insurance and take their chances .

they would rather buy stupid wheels and a nightclub size music system for the boot rather than spend the money on making sure their chavmobile id road legal

The downside to small engine cars is that they are slow going up hills and no good in the snow. Living the peaks there is ALOT of hills and constantly changing gear soon gets irritating. And the bigger engines have more torque idea for hills.

plus if you travel a fair bit on motoway its usualy a smooter drive with a decent size engine! have done a 400mile trip more times than i wish to count both in lower engine (1.0 to a 1.3) and in bigger engines (1.4-2.0) there is a huge difference in comfort and the lower engine sizes at 70mph nearly always makes me travel sick!

My lad has been driving for 2 years, clean licence, no accidents etc.

He's in the process of renewing his insurance and has found that he cannot find a company who will give him third party extention, that is the cover to drive another vehicle not owned by you.

It was always on his old cover and he occasionally drove his old mini that he had for the first 18 months of driving. When he got his Alfa we transfered ownership of the Mini to me and I put 'classic' insurance on it.

The reason given for them not doing it anymore is that young drivers will insure themselves for a Fiesta or Cleo etc then drive round in dad's BMW.

Archived