Fools rush in where angels fear to tread?

What would really stir you into action? How far can you see someone bullied before you take action and forget your own safety? If you was walking down a secluded alley one night and saw two large guys beating up a smaller guy, what would you do? If you saw two large guys raping a woman what would you do? Maybe the bad guys are winning because the rest of us "wimp out" when we see somebody else confronted and do not need get involved.

Just for the record, I once happened upon a situation where I was not directly involved and intervened. The red mist came down and I could not help myself. The day afterwards however, although I felt proud of myself, it dawned upon me that I could have been seriously injured or worse.

I dont think any one knows until they are faced with the actual situation , i suppose most people would want to help , if they could with being a hero a little bonus .

In all honesty when I intervened I felt 50% hero and 50% foolish the following day. I would very probably react the same way again in a similar situation, but that is not bravery, it is the red mist.

Nobody dare answer this thread honestly for fear of appearing to be considered "chicken". It is however a real problem that anyone could be confronted with.

Some dare not answer in fear of being called a big head too.

Some dare not answer in fear of being called a big head too.

OK. I shall change the emphasis of the question.

You are walking alone in a secluded area one evening. You see someone being attacked who is in urgent need of assistance.

Would a person who intervened at the expense of possible personal injury be brave or stupid?:(

NOT an easy question to answer, but who said that lifes choices are easy?:|

OK. I shall change the emphasis of the question.

You are walking alone in a secluded area one evening. You see someone being attacked who is in urgent need of assistance.

Would a person who intervened at the expense of possible personal injury be brave or stupid?:(

NOT an easy question to answer, but who said that lifes choices are easy?:|

It is a difficult one, if it was a mate then no matter how many of them there were I would never leave a mate alone to get a kicking but those sort of scenarios usually have a build up where you can weigh up the options and throw together a sort of plan of action.

It is a whole different ball game when there are lots of unknowns but I would like to think I would intervene and I am 99.9% sure I would....its just that 0.1% that could be a problem :hihi:

It is a difficult one, if it was a mate then no matter how many of them there were I would never leave a mate alone to get a kicking but those sort of scenarios usually have a build up where you can weigh up the options and throw together a sort of plan of action.

It is a whole different ball game when there are lots of unknowns but I would like to think I would intervene and I am 99.9% sure I would....its just that 0.1% that could be a problem :hihi:

You managed to answer a very difficult question honestly. That is not easy to do. :cool:

Is this a clear cut - no doubt - situation?

I ask because even recently I have encountered a female shouting and screaming and appearing to be in distress at the hands of a bloke. However, when I asked the female if she was okay and needed help she and her partner both told me in not so many words to go away. Yet the screams had seemed real enough.

If it was someone who was definitely in trouble then I would like to think I would intervene, but to be honest it all depends on the situation, and what kind of a mood I am in.

Is this a clear cut - no doubt - situation?

I ask because even recently I have encountered a female shouting and screaming and appearing to be in distress at the hands of a bloke. However, when I asked the female if she was okay and needed help she and her partner both told me in not so many words to go away. Yet the screams had seemed real enough.

If it was someone who was definitely in trouble then I would like to think I would intervene, but to be honest it all depends on the situation, and what kind of a mood I am in.

The situation that I was in was very clear cut. Two older and bigger lads, perhaps 22 years old, were robbing a boy of about 15 years old. I heard the lad shout "give my phone back"

Archived