Fools rush in where angels fear to tread?

A lot may have to do with past experience with fighting/violence and confidence.

Speed would play a factor i'd guess. Go in fast so as not to give the opponents time to think. A piece of 3x2 if at hand is quite a wakeup call when you wrap it around the head of one of the two.

As I said though..that takes confidence and ability.

AJ's post #7 pretty much sums it up.

A lot may have to do with past experience with fighting/violence and confidence.

Speed would play a factor i'd guess. Go in fast so as not to give the opponents time to think. A piece of 3x2 if at hand is quite a wakeup call when you wrap it around the head of one of the two.

As I said though..that takes confidence and ability.

AJ's post #7 pretty much sums it up.

I've always thought about the hitting round the head thing with big objects, some people have no worries but I would worry about killing someone.

I've always thought about the hitting round the head thing with big objects, some people have no worries but I would worry about killing someone.

The problem with thugs is...they tend to lean towards violence rather than discussion. Discussion gives them time to re-group, you lose the advantage.

To attack a thug/s you'd have to be pretty sure of yourself to the point of accepting your own actions after. Not an easy concept considering split second timing.

Over 30 years ago now, but I once came out of a cinema in Mansfield to catch a bus home, and witnessed two thugs kicking a guy lying on the ground.

Without any thought for myself I charged across the road shouting goodness knows what and pushed one of the attackers away. They both ran off at this point. Several people then gathered around to help the victim to his feet and someone went off to ring the police and an ambulance.

A number of the onlookers told me that I was brave, but several said how foolhardy I'd been - as the attackers might have turned on me instead of running away.

Whether brave or foolhardy was immaterial though. I didn't hesitate in trying to give assistance as I just acted instinctively.

Would I respond in the same way if I saw someone else being attacked? Probably. But then .... fools rush in where angels fear to tread!

Archived