"School phobia", another invented disability!

i thought twice about posting to be honest as i know what the op is like, but the sentence i commented on was getting on my nerves and winding me up and i couldnt help but post.

and Im glad you did!

He`s a brilliant fisherman, is our Gordon :D

I was about to say something like that. Suppose I rang my boss up today and said "Sorry, I can't come into work, I've gone down with Work Phobia. Oh and it's going to last until the world cup finishes".

What do you think his reaction would be?

Pretty obvious I would think...but what has that to do with your op?

If you rang in work and told your boss you were being bullied by management...what do you think his/her reaction would be? Or more to the point "should" be?

I was about to say something like that. Suppose I rang my boss up today and said "Sorry, I can't come into work, I've gone down with Work Phobia. Oh and it's going to last until the world cup finishes".

What do you think his reaction would be?

Just say 'sorry, I'm not doing any work today as am too busy on SF winding people up'.:thumbsup: Does that count as work-phobia?

this WASNT INVENTED it was discovererd! its a real problem that affects a lot of people.

my son has this and goes to school everyday even though every day is a struggle for him. he is not a chav, rude/cheeky, bad mannererd, hyper active, ignorant, stupid or thick!

The whole point of school is that it's supposed to be a struggle! It teaches you valuable lessons in life - how to get on with other people from different classes and culture for example. Sometimes we have to do things in life that we don't particularly like doing. Sometimes we meet people we don't get on with who might pick on or bully us. It's character building to experience such things.

Every kid in the country would rather stop at home playing video games and watching TV than go to school, but that's no reason for them to be let off!

The whole point of school is that it's supposed to be a struggle! It teaches you valuable lessons in life - how to get on with other people from different classes and culture for example. Sometimes we have to do things in life that we don't particularly like doing. Sometimes we meet people we don't get on with who might pick on or bully us. It's character building to experience such things.

Every kid in the country would rather stop at home playing video games and watching TV than go to school, but that's no reason for them to be let off!

yes it is meant to be hard i didn't suggest it should be easy.

my point was even though my has dyslexia and finds the work slightly harder than the other children he still goes and he ENJOYS being at school, he loves that he gets to socialize with other children.

and yes some of the kids can take the ***** a little but he deals with it as we have taught him to do so and he just gets on with it.

and i never suggested he should be "let off" going to school because of his problems i think its all the more reason he should go and he also understands he has too work a little harder to get the same results and he accepts it and does it with no argument!

my 2 arguments with your op is that you are suggesting that dyslexia is made up and that you are generalizing that ALL children with it are lazy little *****s that are allowed to bunk of school due to it. I personally think you are wrong on these points but you are entitled to your opinion.

yes it is meant to be hard i didn't suggest it should be easy.

my point was even though my has dyslexia and finds the work slightly harder than the other children he still goes and he ENJOYS being at school, he loves that he gets to socialize with other children.

and yes some of the kids can take the ***** a little but he deals with it as we have taught him to do so and he just gets on with it.

and i never suggested he should be "let off" going to school because of his problems i think its all the more reason he should go and he also understands he has too work a little harder to get the same results and he accepts it and does it with no argument!

my 2 arguments with your op is that you are suggesting that dyslexia is made up and that you are generalizing that ALL children with it are lazy little *****s that are allowed to bunk of school due to it. I personally think you are wrong on these points but you are entitled to your opinion.

What if it wasn't the kids, what if it was the teachers taking the pi55?

What if it wasn't the kids, what if it was the teachers taking the pi55?

you mean the teachers taking the pi55 out of the kids?

well id say that was extremely unproffesional and i would complain through the appropriate channels.

or do you mean the teachers saying they cant cope with the kids and having time off due to stress or summat?

Archived