"School phobia", another invented disability!

I know a few kids who have it, or should I say pretend to have it.

Sadly, the schools are forced to compromise and the "afflicted" get to have the following:

Turn up to school in your own clothes.

Have a "duvet day" if you can't face school at all that day.

Have an "exit card" that they can show to their teacher during any lesson so they can go to a "chill out room" and relax.

No pressure given on homework.

Rewards given for long attendance.

Sadly, the schools are forced to compromise and the "afflicted" get to have the following:

Turn up to school in your own clothes.:confused:

Have an "exit card" that they can show to their teacher during any lesson so they can go to a "chill out room" and relax.

Please tell me that’s a joke …………. Goes to check date, its not April the 1st is it

In my day that would have come in handy when faced with a double lesson of algebra or cross-country on a cold December morning. .

Its not so bad at my kids school now but a few years ago they had a "Good pupil list" in the main foyer.

Kid`s names were on the list with stars at the side for things like attendance or good behaviour, stuff like that. Thing is, the kids names were all the bad kids and their names would go onto the list for not having a day off in the past week or not attacking a teacher or pupil for an entire day and they were given little rewards like book tokens and cinema tickets.

The kids who worked hard and kept their heads down were`nt recognised at all, just the disruptive ones, the kids who behaved didnt get a thing at all.

Then a couple of years ago the school got a new head and put a stop to that and now the naughties are treated like naughties and the kids with dyslexia and what have you get more attention and the kids who keep their heads down get a `well done` which means quite a lot to them and all in all the place is a great school now.

Turn up to school in your own clothes.

where are these schools? my son doesnt get any of this sort of thing not that we want it! we consider ourselves lucky for the 14 hours a year he gets for speech therapy, and the little bit of extra help in lessons he gets which isnt much.

The kids who worked hard and kept their heads down were`nt recognised at all, just the disruptive ones, the kids who behaved didnt get a thing at all.

It’s the same throughout life the only ones that stand out are those that really excel or are dropouts, the rest of us just plod along.

It’s the same throughout life the only ones that stand out are those that really excel or are dropouts, the rest of us just plod along.

I remember when I was at Southey school in the 60s, the Head used to encourage bullying, he said that bullys got on better in life because it gave them a "Competitive edge over the weaker, less agressive kids."

What advice did he give to those being bullied though? :suspect:

A "Stiff upper lip" was mentioned a few times. I wasnt bullied but I know a few lads who were and they were usually told to stiffen the old lip and stop being such cry babies.

I bet there are a few people on here who remember the head of Southey in the late 60s, he was a good bloke but some of his "little ways" were old fashioned even for then!

Then a couple of years ago the school got a new head and put a stop to that and now the naughties are treated like naughties and the kids with dyslexia and what have you get more attention and the kids who keep their heads down get a `well done` which means quite a lot to them and all in all the place is a great school now.

Thank heavens for a bit of sense!!

Archived