Look at my photos of Hyde Park Flats!

pete_fcs

Originally posted by petesufc

Any photos of the rag and tag would be good, I worked with my grandparents from 70-73 when the market closed to move to the indoor market. It was on or around the 4th of march I think 73.

i've got lots of the indoor markets from the late eighties and early nineties... these will gradually appear on the site.

sadly the only picture i have seen of the old rag and tag was in one of those old photo books, published by the star i think.

the local studies library might have some though, or sheffield archives on shoreham street.

:)

• 2 months later...

there are now some new pictures of hyde park on this site!

i have also re-sized the photo's to fit the screen, and they download faster....

to top it all, i have super-imposed a snazzy-looking "designer" signature in the corners!

pete :thumbsup:

Originally posted by boho24

great photos they are i can remember kelvin flats they used to scare me wen i was little and my nan and grandad used to cross over infirmary road to the opposite side lol:gag: :gag: :gag:

my dad's got a picture of my brother aged one stood at the bottom of hyde park main block in 1965.

the flats were new and unoccupied at the time, so there was no danger of flying furniture!

:|

• 4 months later...

Archived