Look at my photos of Hyde Park Flats!

pete_fcs

i must say they were the best place to live first lived on 123roland row the one below the crepy one on top i had nightmeras what was it called ?we had two bedroom so small then we moved to 9 cricket inn gardens

that had 4 bedrooms a big living room big kichen two tolets and a big out side facing the dog track i wll allways remember the dog **** all over the landing on some rows and the pack of dogs that use to rowm and one dog that use to run mad he was called niger a black labradoor whos dog was that and in those days we were one of the few black familys on the flats

n

Welcome, deanleslie!

The very top floor, the one above above Rowland Row, was St John's, on the biggest of the blocks, which is now demolished.

I know what you mean about the height. it used to terrify me, too.

My cousin lived on Lord row, when we were children, (I had a flat on Dacre, the row below, when I was a young adult) and she used to love to torment the life out of me, with my fear of heights.

She'd persuade me to climb on the top bunk of the bunk beds, which were near to the window, and when I'd climbed up there, she'd start to rock the bunks violently, and I'd be convinced that we'd end up going through the window.

(which, when you were *counts on her fingers how many storeys we were above ground level* 16 storeys or more, up, ) was darn scary!! (especially to a four year old)

Archived