Let's scrap overseas aid - it costs £7 billion a year!

If you believe the media we're in the middle of a financial crisis and will have to cut millions of public spending. Yet incredibly we still have money to give away to charity in the form of overseas aid.

You might think it's just a token gesture but it's actually a massive amount. The government gives away an amazing £7.3 billion of taxpayers money in the form of overseas aid, and most of that goes into the pockets of corrupt third world government officials.

I would like to see all overseas aid stopped and the money used to fund deserving causes in this country such as the NHS. Better still, give it back to tax payers in the form of tax cuts. It is our money after all, we should decide what charities to give to.

Totally true my friend .

id also like to see us stop paying the millions each week to be a member of the EU.

when times are hard , every penny should be spent on services in this country.

Totally true my friend .

id also like to see us stop paying the millions each week to be a member of the EU.

when times are hard , every penny should be spent on services in this country.

Are you still on benefits Benny?:cool:

Derek of Westwood has certainly got some front. He's not moaning when he's swanning off to Lanzagrotty or Corfu at the taxpayers expense.

Notice he hasn't spoken up for his beloved BNP since their election drubbing, just sticking up for the Tories who will no doubt be eyeing his weekly handouts with keen intent! 'Tis an ill wind .........;)

Archived